1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
[QUOTE='91 Formula]Unfortunately it does not give detailed information, just the problem.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they want you to pay for it...

This site has a list of these correct, with all info... or am I wrong. I'm having an on-going problem that might be listed as a service bulletin, but need the details.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Here's the info listed there...

Service Bulletin Num : 01883
Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 2004
NHTSA Item Number: 10006481
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Summary:
REAR BRAKE SQUEAL ON LIGHT APPLICATION. *TT

I've been having a constant sound coming from the rear driver side which the dealer is telling me is normal because I do not use my hand brake. I hear it all the time, and admit I have POOR hearing that the mechanics claim they can bearly hear if they hear it at all.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give them a copy of this. See what they say.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Huntress said:
Here's the info listed there...

Service Bulletin Num : 01883
Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 2004
NHTSA Item Number: 10006481
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Summary:
REAR BRAKE SQUEAL ON LIGHT APPLICATION. *TT

I've been having a constant sound coming from the rear driver side which the dealer is telling me is normal because I do not use my hand brake. I hear it all the time, and admit I have POOR hearing that the mechanics claim they can bearly hear if they hear it at all.
I've ignored it as just the composite used in the brake pads just being noisy - but I hear some squealing (almost really a squeek) from the rears occasionally. I use my parking brake every time I park the car.
Interesting that the 'broken' shifter and the rear end bolts falling out aren't on there yet.
Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts