LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GMWG5B has finally landed! I will be picking the car up tomorrow morning. Current daily driver is a 96 Bonneville SLE with 230,000 miles that is moving on to the sixteen year old daughter. This will be Pontiac number 4 as 20 yr. daughter has a 99 Grand AM GT and 18 yr. son has a 99 Grand Prix GTP.
Can't wait to see the Blue interior! :bubbrub

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
:bubbrub congratulations on your new baby! :bubbrub i hope you didn't get stretch marks :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mileage or as they say here, "mall-age"

02blkSS said:
GMWG5B has finally landed! I will be picking the car up tomorrow morning. Current daily driver is a 96 Bonneville SLE with 230,000 miles that is moving on to the sixteen year old daughter. This will be Pontiac number 4 as 20 yr. daughter has a 99 Grand AM GT and 18 yr. son has a 99 Grand Prix GTP.
Can't wait to see the Blue interior! :bubbrub
Holy smoke, I thought 102k on my '97 Bonne was high! I traded it in and one of the dealer's mechanics bought it already. It was fine and your mileage confirms my feeling that it had a lot of life left in it. Congrats, I predict you will be ecstatic with the GTO.

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
The blue interior is really nice. You'll get more comments on that than anything else, trust me. It's an awesome car, have fun!

·
DOG
626 Posts
02blkSS said:
18 yr. son has a 99 Grand Prix GTP.
Either you really love your kid, he's scrapped a ton of money together, or both.

Thats a serious car for an 18 y/o. Just hope you've trained him well on driving it (based on *MY* personal experiences with 18 y/os in performance vehicles)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have to worry about him as he has funded the project himself : ) He actually won't turn 18 for another month and graduates from HS this Sunday. We just completed 1.9 rockers and a intercooler installation this weekend in addition to the other mods. I tried to talk him out of the intercooler and start looking for a third or early fourth gen fbody but since it's his car and cash he made the descision. I hope the transaxle and CV joints survive ; p

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
tiggerfan said:
Either you really love your kid, he's scrapped a ton of money together, or both. Thats a serious car for an 18 y/o.
Hey now, I got my 87 Buick GN at 17 and still have it today. :p

Congratulations on the car!

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:drink: SALUTE :drink:

Welcome to the asylum :sneaky:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts