LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So figuring out the route I want to go, I decided to use an lsa blower on my ls1 it currently has a sloppy stage 2 camshaft. I also think a little nitrous would help how much is safe for what I want to do lsa plus nitrous

·
Registered
300 Posts
The first is how much can the motor take? Is the bottom still factory? Is the compression ratio known? Next would be the amount of boost and weather or not you are willing to use water/methanol injection? Without base parameters it is impossible to predict the result of an additional power adder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first is how much can the motor take? Is the bottom still factory? Is the compression ratio known? Next would be the amount of boost and weather or not you are willing to use water/methanol injection? Without base parameters it is impossible to predict the result of an additional power adder.
I'm going to use meth injection and it's a stock ls1 bottom end I'm using this setup till I'm done with my built 402

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm going to use meth injection and it's a stock ls1 bottom end I'm using this setup till I'm done with my built 402
Ok so it's a question of how long you want the 1 to last, if a long lead time keep boost under 7psi and a very small shot, you can probably get away with no injection like that. If you are forcing enough into that engine to warrent injection you have the proverable ticking time bomb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts