LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now in the past ive heard that ls1's love nitrous now what about an ls2?? what would be the highest/safest shot i can run with worrying about blowing my engine apart???

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody??

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
ihaterice said:
now in the past ive heard that ls1's love nitrous now what about an ls2?? what would be the highest/safest shot i can run with worrying about blowing my engine apart???
I've heard 100 dry shot with new injectors and 150 wet shot. Of course both need proper safety devices.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Just do a search too...you'll find out everything you need to know. Click advanced search after you click search and specify nitrous for better results.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
I've been squeezing 150 shot on it for months and months now on my LS2.... just recently bumped it up to 175 and the car is quick to say the least.

Just make sure your A/F ratio is good and turn back the timing a little bit to avoid detonation. Cooler plugs are a good idea too.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Being a newb to nitrous I would not start off with more than a 75-100 shot, now keep in mind nothing is 100% safe nitrous especially. You'll need a FPSS, one or two steps colder plugs, and for extra safety a Window Switch. Yes, the ls2 is just like the ls1 they both make huge amounts of torque on the bottle too.

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so a wet setup would be a little safer being that it incorporates nitrous and fuel together? myabe i can start off with a wet 100 shot ( if the wet shots go that low). window switch,- one of those progressive controllers thinking about blocking out first and gradually spraying up to 100. would there be anything else i would need injectors, i will get the plugs. a/f gauges nitro dave ive been told you can hook me up with a sweet setup with a nice switch panel?? thanks guys..... im going to go search now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts