LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gto is completely STOCK, and i want a decent time at the track, but im happy with it as it is for the street, having sed that i'd love to flick a switch if i pull up next to a vette and be able to smoke it!!!

Ok, So what do i need?

anyone tried this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS2-GTO-CORVETTE-TRAIL-BLAZER-NITROUS-KIT-UP-TO-250HP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQihZ010QQitemZ200029850752QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Will i need a "window switch"
a tuner?
a purge kit, remote bottle opener, and a pressure relese valve? bottle heater? guages? which ones?

Lol ive never used or seen nitrous.. im looking for a really safe Nitrous setup that i can leave in the car in 100 degree weather and just use it when i need!

Thankyou
so much

·
Registered
103 Posts
paulboy2006 said:
My gto is completely STOCK, and i want a decent time at the track, but im happy with it as it is for the street, having sed that i'd love to flick a switch if i pull up next to a vette and be able to smoke it!!!

Ok, So what do i need?

anyone tried this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS2-GTO-CORVETTE-TRAIL-BLAZER-NITROUS-KIT-UP-TO-250HP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQihZ010QQitemZ200029850752QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Will i need a "window switch"
a tuner?
a purge kit, remote bottle opener, and a pressure relese valve? bottle heater? guages? which ones?

Lol ive never used or seen nitrous.. im looking for a really safe Nitrous setup that i can leave in the car in 100 degree weather and just use it when i need!

Thankyou
so much

Well, I have a pretty much stock 05, and have an NOS wet plate kit on the car, shooting 150. It goes 13.49 on motor, and 11.69 on a 150 shot with a dyno tune, and drag radials. DO NOT leave the bottle in the car when its a 100 degrees out!!! Bottle pressure will go through the roof, and might pop the safety seal on the bottle. I know.....its happened to me twice.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH that sucks!! well here in florida.... its allways damn hot... cant i get a safetly valve? i heard about a racers kit that zex sells... but i have no idea what compatable with what!

thanks for the info!

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
I would get (Well, I did :) ) a NOS LS2 Plate kit from a Sponsor.

I got myne from TByrne - Great Price and service, and you can use PayPal....

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
I've got an NX plate system on my '05 - wet 150-shot.

Power:
Stock: 355rwhp
N2O: 508rwhp

Haven't ran it at the track yet.

You CAN get a bargain basement nitrous setup like many run with just your basic stuff:

solenoids
wiring
nozzle/plate with jets
tank

But it's good to have safety stuff as well:

FUEL PUMP!!!
fuel pressure safety switch or fuel pressure gauge
window switch
TPS (Throttle Position Sensor/Signal) switch

And things that are really trick that make life so much easier and are worth the money:

remote bottle opener (mechanical type - not solenoid type)
Progressive Control
Nitrous pressure gauge
purge system (helps clear air out of line before spraying, and allows you to release pressure from the solenoids afterward without making a "dummy run")

My personal setup:

NX base system
NX plate with jets for 150-shot
hardline plumbing from solenoids to plate
NX purge system
NX remote bottle opener
NX bottle heater
Nitro-Dave switch panel
FJO trick controller (progressive control, TPS, window switch)
Autometer full electric gauges (Nitrous Pressure, Fuel Pressure)
Lingenfelter high-flow fuel pump (to keep pressure up)

·
Registered
103 Posts
paulboy2006 said:
OH that sucks!! well here in florida.... its allways damn hot... cant i get a safetly valve? i heard about a racers kit that zex sells... but i have no idea what compatable with what!

thanks for the info!
I'm pretty sure somebody sells a cooler/heater for the bottle. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Contact Nitro Dave, or Smitty. They are both on this board regularly. They can help you with all your nitrous needs. Very stand up guys from what I've seen. Thats your best bet.

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
i believe someone ( cant remember vendor name) makes a fire/ice bottle warmer which heates and cools the bottle, i lived in keywest for 5 months with the nitrous and never had a problem with heat.

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
I've never heard of the bottle getting to critical temperatures in the trunk... As long as it's shaded, is there a problem?

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
silverbullet05 said:
Contact Nitro Dave, or Smitty. They are both on this board regularly. They can help you with all your nitrous needs. Very stand up guys from what I've seen. Thats your best bet.

Thanks... I know both we'd both do our best to help you out..

Drop me a PM with any questions you've got, if you'd like! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
RealDeal said:
I've never heard of the bottle getting to critical temperatures in the trunk... As long as it's shaded, is there a problem?

about 2 months ago it was 100 degrees here. I checked the bottle pressure, and it was at 1700 psi, :eek2: I dont know what pressure the safety seal pops, but I know it cant be more than 2000 psi. Anybody know??

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Search is your friend.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankyou for the info, i shall be pming smitty as soon as i get a second to myself between work hours.

Search is great but when u search and dont get the answers u want... its better to ask in person. and, guessing by the title of this sub forum... questions about nitrous are at home here...

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
paulboy2006 said:
Thankyou for the info, i shall be pming smitty as soon as i get a second to myself between work hours.

Search is great but when u search and dont get the answers u want... its better to ask in person. and, guessing by the title of this sub forum... questions about nitrous are at home here...

Hmm, I just did a search and found a bunch of info, but hey its just another thread to help out others as well. Good luck in getting this going for you, let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Flash99 said:
Hmm, I just did a search and found a bunch of info, but hey its just another thread to help out others as well. Good luck in getting this going for you, let us know the outcome.

thankyou Flash, reading my post i came off as an asshole!

Didnt mean to. Sweet looking ride u have there

Im thinking of have a 100 or 150 shot ready to go for street use when ever im out cruising.

Question... How must is the average bottle fillup? and where in the world do i get it?

Thankyou

Paul

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RealDeal said:
I've got an NX plate system on my '05 - wet 150-shot.

Power:
Stock: 355rwhp
N2O: 508rwhp

Haven't ran it at the track yet.

You CAN get a bargain basement nitrous setup like many run with just your basic stuff:

solenoids
wiring
nozzle/plate with jets
tank

But it's good to have safety stuff as well:

FUEL PUMP!!!
fuel pressure safety switch or fuel pressure gauge
window switch
TPS (Throttle Position Sensor/Signal) switch

And things that are really trick that make life so much easier and are worth the money:

remote bottle opener (mechanical type - not solenoid type)
Progressive Control
Nitrous pressure gauge
purge system (helps clear air out of line before spraying, and allows you to release pressure from the solenoids afterward without making a "dummy run")

My personal setup:

NX base system
NX plate with jets for 150-shot
hardline plumbing from solenoids to plate
NX purge system
NX remote bottle opener
NX bottle heater
Nitro-Dave switch panel
FJO trick controller (progressive control, TPS, window switch)
Autometer full electric gauges (Nitrous Pressure, Fuel Pressure)
Lingenfelter high-flow fuel pump (to keep pressure up)

How safe is ur setup? can u lave it ready to go all the time? And how much was it all?

Thanks!!

·
Goat 2
68 Posts
With 100 shot of nitrious (zex kit) my 2005 does 12.4 easy at 113 mph. No need to worry under 95 degrees after that you should have the car in the shade for any long period of time! I live in Las Vegas and I have left the car in the sun at 110 degrees, but only for less then an hour! Never blown anything yet! Good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts