LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GTO Lover
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Thinking of a 100 Dry Shot and I'm trying to make a list of things needed. So far I have Kit itself with cone sprayer for my CAI, Window Switch, Bottle Opener, Purge kit, Bottle Heater, Since I have Heads/Cam already I would probably need fuel pump, boost a pump?, and injectors(What size????) Wideband Gauge.

Anything else?

I was thinking Lingenfelter intank pump, with maybe boost a pump. And have no clue what injectors I should get.

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
heads + cam + Nitrous = WET kit w/ fuel pump
or DRY kit with Injectors

personaly have had both wet and dry on my car in the last month
and I would like to sway you to wet,
AEM stand alone wideband is a must

·
GTO Lover
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So with already heads/cam combo + dry shot I won't need a new fuel pump?

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
that was a bit misleading wasn't it ??
I would say fuel pump and injectors if you are going dry
especially with the engine mods.

Really though Honest I would go wet

clean looks got not to much more money
just as easy to install

really if your going to spend a couple grand to get everything you need for Nitrous
why would you not go WET ??
Like I said I have had both Had in my mind that dry was the way to go (yeah right that lasted 3 weeks)

·
GTO Lover
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well why would I go wet as opposed to dry if I only want 100 shot. Wouldn't the dry be safer?

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
I can only give you my thoughts and advice from the experiences I have had
up til now, Maybe some other people can help out,

·
scot254
4,406 Posts
I can't comment on wet vs. dry since I've never had a dry kit. But with whichever route you go, like said you should get a fuel pump. In my
H/C/ Nitrous car an LPE pump still would not keep fuel pressure at a safe level. It would drop down to 45 when spraying, I had to add a boost-a-pump which I hooked to my n2o activation switch. Since installing this, pressure does not go below 51 when spraying.

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
i love my dry kit, im spraying 150 and it hits hard as hell.

i agree with the above info, about fuel in the intake and bottle pressure is very important along with purge.

IMO with a 100 shot, you should be ok going dry with fuel pump,boost a pump, and 60# injectors to leave room for improvment.

if the system is monitored, and tuned well, you should be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts