LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ASE Electrical certified and have dealt with many problems and very rare one gets away from me but this one is slipping from my hands 馃槉. So I have a 05 GTO with no communication with BCM or PIM, srs light on driver's airbag is bad, installed airbag simulator for testing purposes, no codes stored anymore but srs light still on. Checked voltage drop to srs system module ok. Checked for bad grounding @ srs module in under middle console no rust or anything.... So I decided to add the vehicle Vin number to my GM ac Delco SPS to see if there is any updates which there was for the ECM so.... I updated it, keep in mind that I never noticed that the BCM is not communicating from the gecko(beginning) and still not, so now obviously is not going to start cause I can't get it into programming key mode. I did check the wiring by the glovebox was not bad but I improved it with an extra wireloom. I checked all the pin outs for the BCM is good, power and ground ok, no open computer data lines. So I say BCM is bad ok. Again everything the BCM controls is still working windows, lights, radio horn locks,etc,etc.... replaced BCM try to communicate same thing. Though to bad a bad cluster, same thing, thought to be a bad ABS module, same thing. I'm going to get a next PIM but I don't see how can a bad PIM cause a BCM to not communicate 馃 馃槙 馃槓, any input would be greatly appreciated thanks so much for your time
16261101531092040733568861943685.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be honest the way the wiring harness is on these GTO's are so flimsy, and are making contacts in many areas, found another one @ door harness to body 馃槼

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I'm tracking down a PIM module waiting for a call back. Been really busy dealing with other vehicles. But thanks for the concern. I've never experienced anything like this before 馃槉. I'll post up once I get it figured out. Thanks 馃槑

Hermes Trismegistus
Curious about the new flash on the ECM. On my LS2, I had a situation where the ECM and BCM were replaced. They wouldn鈥檛 talk to each other because one was using 4 digit security and the other was using 6. This was solved by the dealer by flashing/reprogramming one or the other (I don鈥檛 remember which). Somewhere along the line, GM went from 4 to 6 digit security codes. One won鈥檛 talk to the other.

Probably not your issue, but thought it was worth a mention.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts