LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading down the freeway yesterday evening, when I ran into a Torrid red 05 GTO. Sounded modded from what I could hear, and looked lowered to me, and also had the stock 18s. License plate read "Stageup". So I come up next to him, and try to edge him on. The guy puts his window down, and tells me he cant because he had a child in the back seat. Oh well, maybe i'll catch him by himself next time. :turbonaug Maybe he was just scared to lose.:confused:

·
Not an official sponsor!
65 Posts
You can't give someone crap for being responsible with a child in the back. There are some limitations.

·
7,835 Posts
06PBM said:
You can't give someone crap for being responsible with a child in the back. There are some limitations.

+ eleventy billion. Completely respectable.

btw, thats a pretty cool plate tag.

·
Unregistered User (dont tell)
640 Posts
Completely respectable. I will not race anyone with passengers or if I have a passenger, no exceptions. While in STL back in July I passed a C55 Mercedes. My turn was just up ahead when the light turned red. Perfect, I would be able to line up against an AMG. I turned my blinker off and waited for him to pull up. When he pulled up, I looked over and saw he had his 9 or 10 year old kid in the passenger seat. Gave him a thumbs up and turned off.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
Wicked GTO said:
:turbonaug Maybe he was just scared to lose.:confused:

i know him.. runs consistant 12.5-12.6s @ 110-111. :gears: and he's not usually one to back down without a good reason.

catch him without the kid :)

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
06PBM said:

Absolutely, I turned down a couple of races over the weekend when I had my little dude out for a cruise. Never, ever race with kids or passengers in my car. I know it's probably safe for short bursts and the kids love it, but the cost of regret is too high. Especially because you can't control what the other car does.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Smitty's05GTO said:
i know him.. runs consistant 12.5-12.6s @ 110-111. :gears: and he's not usually one to back down without a good reason.

catch him without the kid :)
Wicked,

From the way Smitty put it you would have gotten beat anyway. Consider it a blessing that way you don't have to log an L in your race book.

·
Negative DA's = SEG
312 Posts
Save racing for the track, the risks are to high with passengers or bystanders.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Maybe he missed the thread about the Vegas GTO crashing from street racing splitting in half and killing the driver. :(

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

From what I hear, I like that guy.

Responsibility wins !

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Holy crap, someone in a GTO being responsible! That's unheard of! :stormtrooper: :stormtrooper: :stormtrooper:

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
Yeah - don't race with a kid in the car - the ego takes over and you loose all ability to reason.....

I do however do the occasional WOT - my 6 y.o. daughter absolutely loves it....

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Sound like a very respectable guy. Safety ftw!

·
Love my Robyn
278 Posts
John Doe said:
Absolutely, I turned down a couple of races over the weekend when I had my little dude out for a cruise. Never, ever race with kids or passengers in my car. I know it's probably safe for short bursts and the kids love it, but the cost of regret is too high. Especially because you can't control what the other car does.
:D :gr_jest: :gr_jest: Nothing about the thread, but your chubby kid dancing as your signature gave me a good laugh. Thats a big boy! Must be me being delirious at work or something.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I never thought low of him for not racing me. I respect his decision. Im sure he would have raced without the kid. Hope to run into him without the kid sometime though. :)

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
stevenmalone said:
:D :gr_jest: :gr_jest: Nothing about the thread, but your chubby kid dancing as your signature gave me a good laugh. Thats a big boy! Must be me being delirious at work or something.
:gr_jest: :gr_jest: Not sure who actually the kid is, but a fat kid all hyped up on Ring Dings and Pixie Stix is always good for a chuckle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts