LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my gto came in// but 3000 over msrp plus 7% finance and only 11000 for my trade was to much a month// i was looking at paying over TEN thousand in intrest from the deal to much ???? just wondering what a 2000 loaded in great shape z28 with 35000 miles is worth on trade??

·
Registered
459 Posts
When you ordered it, the dealer did not tell you he was going to mark it up?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
In our area an excellent Z28 with 35k miles would pull down about $13K on a private sale. 7% interest is a little high not knowing the circumstances. The 3k over msrp is up to you. I am paying 4k over for which many people think I am an idiot.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i knew it was 3k over but the best rate for 72 months was 7% with 3 over and 3 less for my trade iam 6 in the hole to much ill wait till msrp gto and go from there????/

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tails said:
In our area an excellent Z28 with 35k miles would pull down about $13K on a private sale. 7% interest is a little high not knowing the circumstances. The 3k over msrp is up to you. I am paying 4k over for which many people think I am an idiot.
This is why stealerships keep getting away with it, is people are willing to pay that much extra instead of waiting a month or two for them to charge the proper amount. It is their right to do it, but it just ends up costing everyone more money and for business to continue to rape their customers. Demand better, go to another dealership!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
mtu_gto said:
This is why stealerships keep getting away with it, is people are willing to pay that much extra instead of waiting a month or two for them to charge the proper amount. It is their right to do it, but it just ends up costing everyone more money and for business to continue to rape their customers. Demand better, go to another dealership!
While I agree with you in principle I am not willing to give up a GTO. In my particular case it came down to ordering one for over msrp or not being able to purchase one from a dealer within 700 miles. I have looked in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Northern California. Certainly I am on the lookout for something more reasonable. The big problem is that we are not a performance car part of the country. In the state of Washington there are about 30 dealers. 1 dealer is getting 4 cars, 2 are getting 3, about a half dozen are getting 2 and everyone else is getting one or even none. That's roughly 40 cars total in a 120,000 square mile area. Add to the fact that there a several thousand Microsoft Millionaires and it is tough!!

·
-Tom Capozzi- Spitzer Pontiac GMC
263 Posts
One of two things are going to happen in the next couple months.Either the market is going to break loose,if in fact GM has gotten their act together and can find away to get the roughly 14000 GTO's that are being built or willbe built,to the States in a more timely manner or the majority of the dealers who are asking over MSRP will start to come down on their markups.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
edsmaroonz
I feel for you, and I hope this all works out for you.

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
Tails said:
While I agree with you in principle I am not willing to give up a GTO. In my particular case it came down to ordering one for over msrp or not being able to purchase one from a dealer within 700 miles. I have looked in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Northern California. Certainly I am on the lookout for something more reasonable. The big problem is that we are not a performance car part of the country. In the state of Washington there are about 30 dealers. 1 dealer is getting 4 cars, 2 are getting 3, about a half dozen are getting 2 and everyone else is getting one or even none. That's roughly 40 cars total in a 120,000 square mile area. Add to the fact that there a several thousand Microsoft Millionaires and it is tough!!
Tails,
You truly are the poster boy for this site. You should be awared a complimentary GTO courtesy of Pontiac.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
deadbug said:
Tails,
You truly are the poster boy for this site. You should be awared a complimentary GTO courtesy of Pontiac.
LOL I certainly wouldn't turn it down. That reminds me. I have to go push the onstar button at the dealers.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx// ill just wait i waited this long if history repeats it self there will be GTOs at msrp soon ???if not already??? near by seeing how i was not the first kid on the block with my new gto and took so long to get to me / it took some of the fun out of the price anyways the intrest rate and mark up and not enough for my trade was 3 strikes //if one was gone or better i would have got it but i was expecting this car in late thanxgiving //ps the car is awesome and the seat is also/

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
I hear ya Ed. I probably will be passing on mine as well. As my signature reads, I'll probably wait until the fall and either pick one up at a discount, get an 05 with the 6 liter, or check out the new mustang. My car is running great (and it is a convertible!) and I can't see giving it away at a low ball trade-in price while paying sticker on the GTO. I really do believe that there will be significant discounts later in the year, especially when the changes to the 05 are confirmed. IF the 05 really does get the LS2 like everyone is saying, I think many potential GTO customers will pass on the 04 in the summer/fall. JMHO.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tails said:
We'll let you go this time...
;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here in Mpls some of the dealers are trying to markup the cost by 2-3K, but I think the. y're meeting some resistance. Best I can tell, most are being pre-sold and either at or above MSRP. I have pre-ordered a purple (like the unusual color) but am still looking for below MSRP. Anyone able to get that?
I also would say that I think you'll be able to aftermarket the appearance/performance options at a lower cost than buying the markedup "Judge" or whatever comes in 2005. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ed are you a Costco member? If you go to www.costco.com services then financing you can get as low as 3.99% Also search around for a better deal. I know a few dealers in SC whose cars are going for MSRP. That is only about an 8 hour drive for you!

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
AAA also has financial services i saw ontheir site the other night.

·
Registered
279 Posts
04GOAT said:
Ed are you a Costco member? If you go to www.costco.com services then financing you can get as low as 3.99% Also search around for a better deal. I know a few dealers in SC whose cars are going for MSRP. That is only about an 8 hour drive for you!

Wow!! That's a great idea. I am a costco member and didn't think about that. I will definitely compare any loan rates to them. I see that their rates go lower than 3.99% down to 3.55% for three year or less loan.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
524 Posts
edsmaroonz said:
well my gto came in// but 3000 over msrp plus 7% finance and only 11000 for my trade was to much a month// i was looking at paying over TEN thousand in intrest from the deal to much ???? just wondering what a 2000 loaded in great shape z28 with 35000 miles is worth on trade??

This is a real bummer Ed. I hope you work it out. Maybe some of the suggestions here can help- the costco thing. some other ,cheaper financing, a dealer not gouging and maybe private sale of your Z. I had a car cost 45K 4 years ago. Dealer I am gettin mine from offered me 96 for it. Dealer I bought it from said 75. (what bs). finally sold it private 12.2. Funny, you check KBB, Nada, etc etc blue books and they say car worth 13 trade, 15-20 private sale. Carmax says they will give you KBB for your car- I took mine. KBB most pessimistic was about 12.5. They offered 8500. Crock of sh*t. Sorry. ANyway, hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also try to sell you car to the side of the road high intrest lots. Sometimes they will give you more for the car than a dealer will because they have a market for that car. Or sit it in a lot that has a lot of traffic and see if you get any hits. Don't give up just find a better way!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx Again Might Keep It And Get A Gto Just The Thought Of Loosing 3900 On It Was Too Much And High Intrest Plus 3k Over Was Just To Much Take Away The 3900 Of The First Attempt At The Gto And We Are Talking Alot Off The Loan ????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts