LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Been here for a long time...
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The GTO that is. Took the car to 75-80 for a little test and tune.

1st the excuses :)
First time at the track with the goat. Haven't driven a 6spd at the track in a little over 3 years. 75-80 was always .2 slower for my other cars than the other tracks around here. Car was probably too cold as I only got 3 runs in 5 hours.

The results:
1st pass had massive wheel hop and didn't settle down until 3rd gear. Then it just started spinning, so I just popped it into 5th.
[email protected] with a 2.13 short time. When I got the slip I knew the car was a mid 13 second car :)

2nd pass was the only full pass I made. Again with massive wheel hop in 1st and 2nd but settled down quicker so I stayed into it.
[email protected] with a 2.11 short time

3rd pass was spin at the line and then wheel hop. Real bad in 2nd and then missed 3rd gear. Just coasted the rest of the way.
[email protected] no short time listed.

All in all, I think it'll run low 13's at another track and me with more practice. Car had 650 miles on the clock for the first pass so it'll get better with some more miles. Time for more practice...

Also, nice meeting Steve(NVigr8) and his wife

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I think a 13.6 is fine for so few miles. The wheel hop is a killer too. Nice job!

Powershifting or regular?

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power 1-2 and 3-4. I just lift/shifted 2-3 as I wanted to have a full pass. The violent 3rd pass caused a missed 2-3 power shift. I just need more practice with the car. Its just been awhile so it'll come back to me :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Here's some pics from today. My best time was 13.8. I couldn't hook, I would be sideways spinning all the way through second and third. It was a little scary. 3rd run I hooked a little better but didn't launch that hard and took it easy all the way through the quarter.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Hey Rob,told you 13.60.Good Runs though.I want to go this weekend and I don't care where.No wife and kid and will travel.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Bone said:
Hey Rob,told you 13.60.Good Runs though.I want to go this weekend and I don't care where.No wife and kid and will travel.
Capital Fri night? I still want that bone stock 13.5

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NVigR8 said:
Capital Fri night? I still want that bone stock 13.5
I'm up for it if work doesn't get in the way. I think 13.4 or better in mine at Crapitol.
We'll have to run again since it seems I run the best against you :gr_jest:

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NVigR8 said:
Here's some pics from today. My best time was 13.8. I couldn't hook, I would be sideways spinning all the way through second and third. It was a little scary. 3rd run I hooked a little better but didn't launch that hard and took it easy all the way through the quarter.
I see you did better after I left. Guess you didn't have to wait as long to get that next run?
Pictures not showing up.

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bone said:
More left in it. Driver needs a little more practice :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Talk about practice!I'm a prime canidate.

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bone said:
Talk about practice!I'm a prime canidate.
You should be 12's after the headers. No practice needed :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Rob said:
I see you did better after I left. Guess you didn't have to wait as long to get that next run?
Pictures not showing up.
That was the last run, I left right after you, after the funny cars ran again. Pics working now?

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NVigR8 said:
That was the last run, I left right after you, after the funny cars ran again. Pics working now?
Nice. Pics are working :)

Anthony and me are probably going to hit Mason-Dixon on Saturday as they are supposed to have test and tune all day. Maybe we can make it a little goatfest :gr_jest:

Were you able to see if your buddy got us on video?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Rob said:
Nice. Pics are working :)

Anthony and me are probably going to hit Mason-Dixon on Saturday as they are supposed to have test and tune all day. Maybe we can make it a little goatfest :gr_jest:

Were you able to see if your buddy got us on video?
Anthony=Bone?

I should be down for M/D on Sat. After pumping the press. up on the tires I hooked much better. I was getting pretty frustated there at 75-80 with the crazy squirreliness in 2nd and 3rd.

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NVigR8 said:
Anthony=Bone?

I should be down for M/D on Sat. After pumping the press. up on the tires I hooked much better. I was getting pretty frustated there at 75-80 with the crazy squirreliness in 2nd and 3rd.
Yes, one and the same.

Like I said, I ran with 32psi in them as I have always done on real street tires. The track yesterday was definitely frustrating. And waiting 2 hours between each run didn't help either. Hopefully, all of us will do better at Mason-Dixon :driving:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Rob said:
Yes, one and the same.

Like I said, I ran with 32psi in them as I have always done on real street tires. The track yesterday was definitely frustrating. And waiting 2 hours between each run didn't help either. Hopefully, all of us will do better at Mason-Dixon :driving:
btw - I'm working on getting that video.

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NVigR8 said:
btw - I'm working on getting that video.
That would be sweet. Would be nice to see a side by side run. Probably the only time this year, at least at that track :)

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Rob said:
Anthony and me are probably going to hit Mason-Dixon on Saturday as they are supposed to have test and tune all day.
Should be a good day at Mason Dixon unless the weather changes for the worse between now & Saturday.

Current forecast:

High: 59 degrees
&
Mostly Sunny

If the humidity isn't too bad, sounds like a great day to run a "Best ET of '04" :D

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Angus said:
Should be a good day at Mason Dixon unless the weather changes for the worse between now & Saturday.

Current forecast:

High: 59 degrees
&
Mostly Sunny

If the humidity isn't too bad, sounds like a great day to run a "Best ET of '04" :D
You're not gonna be there are you? :banghead: Just kidding.Are you?The weather looks good so far with a good chance of storms in the evening.

·
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bone said:
You're not gonna be there are you? :banghead: Just kidding.Are you?The weather looks good so far with a good chance of storms in the evening.
I beleive he is according to my EFA buddies :) Should be nice if the weather holds. Hopefully it won't be crowded either. I need to get some seat time in this thing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts