LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a stoplight with a bright green Kawasaki CrotchRocket.

My dad in passenger seat, my wife in the back. We were driving around so I could "show off" my new shifting skills and technique.

No contest. The guy was 1/4 mile ahead of me by the time I shifted to 3rd. Definitely no contest. Them suckers are fast.

My wife was laughing so hard at me. She said that I didn't learn my lesson when I raced with her minivan and lost to a Jeep Liberty. Now I lost my GTO to a guy on a lime green motorcycle. She suggested that maybe I should take my son's GoKart and maybe race against the scooters in our neighborhood since I obviously don't know how to pick my competition.

:gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
980 Posts
desertgoat said:
No contest. The guy was 1/4 mile ahead of me by the time I shifted to 3rd. Definitely no contest. Them suckers are fast.
Don't cut yourself short so quickly. The goat will beat many so called crotch rockets. Most of these are stock of course, but its cool the see the helmet swivel around to see what the hell kind of car is reeling him in!

Having 3 ppl in the ccar probly didnt help either.

_DM

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The bike as you described it could potentially have been a ZX-6R or a ZX-10R. For those not in the know, the ZX-10R is a 168hp superbike...And it weighs something like 435lbs wet. 0-60 takes place in a little over 2 seconds, if I remember correctly.

We might win against a dirt bike or a 250cc sportbike, but in general, just ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
desertgoat said:

My dad in passenger seat, my wife in the back. We were driving around so I could "show off" my new shifting skills and technique.

My wife was laughing so hard at me. She said that I didn't learn my lesson when I raced with her minivan and lost to a Jeep Liberty. Now I lost my GTO to a guy on a lime green motorcycle. She suggested that maybe I should take my son's GoKart and maybe race against the scooters in our neighborhood since I obviously don't know how to pick my competition.

LOL
I think your wife is a wise person :gr_jest:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
desertgoat said:
...Now I lost my GTO to a guy on a lime green motorcycle...

At least you didn't lose a foot race to a guy in a lime green leisure suit. :gr_jest:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
No big deal. Alot of bikes run right around what the goat should but everyonce in a while you find the real speed freaks.

like a busa :hail:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bikes are very fast depending on what they are. My bike is actually too fast for me, but I would like to take it to the track and get a time some day. A lot of magazines say low 10 seconds in the 1/4. And that is stock (2003 gsxr-1000). Need lots of mods to compete against a bike...

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
DevilYellow said:
There's no weight on the bike and you have extra cargo ;)

There are cars as fast as those bikes tho :D
Yeh, but they cost $250,000 or more!!! :bomb:

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend bought a Hayabusa. You couldn't give that away for free to me. I have 2 small children counting on me to stay alive and healthy for a looooong time.

Anyway, I took my wife's advice and will stick to challenging the 4-wheeled species. Also, there is this "power walker" in our gated community I see every morning. Not bad for a 68 year old golfer. I think I can take him as long as I am wearing my trusty New Balance shoes.

LOLOLOL

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
phobos512 said:
The bike as you described it could potentially have been a ZX-6R or a ZX-10R. For those not in the know, the ZX-10R is a 168hp superbike...And it weighs something like 435lbs wet. 0-60 takes place in a little over 2 seconds, if I remember correctly.

We might win against a dirt bike or a 250cc sportbike, but in general, just ain't gonna happen.
And it sure isn't going to happen against a Hayabusa or Yamaha V-Max. They'll be a block ahead of you by the time you get to 40mph! Horsepower to weight ratio on those two are incredible!

·
3,327 Posts
:hail: Hayabusa. Too fast for me. 2 few many wheels too.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It is a PURE adrenalin rush. The ULTIMATE high is popping the front wheel 4 feet off the pavement while doing 60 mph!

·
Registered
188 Posts
READYtoROCK said:
It is a PURE adrenalin rush. The ULTIMATE high is popping the front wheel 4 feet off the pavement while doing 60 mph!
Definitely!

I forgot to add...There is no shame in losing to a bike. Unless it is some 10 year old kid on a 50cc bike.. I give you credit just for trying to race one.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I can't imagine a GOAT beating a crotch rocket

·
Registered
761 Posts
The goat will beat many so called crotch rockets.
LOL! are you kidding? Yeh, you might win against most 250cc but thats hardly a crotch rocket, you might win against all those slow Harleys (excluding the vrod) but they are hardly crotch rockets either. Now that we've established that ANY stock "crotch rocket" will beat any stock car... Let's take a Yamaha V-Max- a "power cruiser" itll do 0-60 in 3 secords, 1/4 in an easy 11 seconds stock. However you may have more luck on a very windy road...

My advice is, be very very careful...

Bikes are fun, its fun to be able to beat EVERY car from the light, the funniest thing is when people actually think they have a chance:)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I can't imagine a GOAT beating a crotch rocket
They cant beat most of them but can give them a helluva run they are not expecting!

I was playing with one at a few lights today until we caught a light on the front line. Light went green and I punched it and kept ahead of him for 1st & 2nd. I hear him winding out behind me and a few seconds into third he has to downshift to catch and pass me. He had to be over 10k rpm. We catch the next light and he looks over and points at my car sweeping from tail to nose and then gives me a big thumbs up!

I wish I had a chance to find out the size of the bike but didnt have a chance.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
HA! The only way that my Goat would be faster than my R1 is if you pushed them both off of a cliff! It's not even close.

·
Registered
980 Posts
HRJ said:
HA! The only way that my Goat would be faster than my R1 is if you pushed them both off of a cliff! It's not even close.
Hey Joe!

Got my adapter in on Friday. Thanks a bunch!!!

I will be able to get pins for it at work. Could you look up the info for the lug nut cover tool? I was not aware that this was stored in the spare tire compartment and that is a bit unaccessable now.

Also, is there a heavy duty electro chromatic rearview mirror available? I had the OnStar one in my Monte Carlo and would like to have something similar for the goat. This mirror seems way to easy to move when bumped.

_DM

1 - 20 of 29 Posts