LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called me today to say the DBC called him to say my car was shipped out of KC and on it's way. :D They did not have a rail car number. :( My dealer called UPRR to get the number and they would not give him any info, :slap:They referred him to "Wanda" at 313-667-9501 for more info. :confused: Well Wanda is at GM and appears to be only a recording. :slap: Does anybody know how to get my new rail car number? :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
UPRR gave me the car # it was on and I was able to track all the way home.
Dont know what to tell you now though?

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah they gave me my first rail car number with no questions asked the beginning of the month. :D Now,After getting flooded with calls they won't even give the dealers any info. :slap: I guess its back to no info at all and the waiting game. :mad:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Superwildcat,
I spoke with Wanda earlier today. I asked her if she could give me the railcar number that my car is on and she stated "We are having so many problems here, and we know exactly what needs to be fixed. The only info I have is that it shipped out. No railcar numbers availible. But what I can tell you is that your car shipped out on Wednesday." She stated to call back in a few days when she could provide more tracking info. Very pleasent to deal with on the phone, but limited with the information.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I forgot to add something. Wanda gave me some info that you all might find interesting. Only 50 GTO's to this point have been delivered to the dealerships in the US, that's it. 3,000 have been ordered so far.

·
Registered
524 Posts
TprGTO said:
I forgot to add something. Wanda gave me some info that you all might find interesting. Only 50 GTO's to this point have been delivered to the dealerships in the US, that's it. 3,000 have been ordered so far.
What happend to the 79 delivered to customers in December? :confused:

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) TprGTO, The cars will probably be here by that time. Your car will probably be dropped at the Pittsfield rail yard, Mine is coming all the way east to Framingham. The dealer is waiting for me to let him know when it is there so he can go get it with his truck. For them to expect us to believe they don't know exactly where the car is and what rail car it is on is totally rediculous. :slap: :slap: On another note, What interior/trans did you get? I got Black/Red/Automatic. :D

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
My car is going to Selkirk railyard in NY, about an hour away from the dealership. I am getting the Black/Black Auto. According to Wanda, our cars are the first ones on the entire East Coast for awhile due to shipping problems.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Interested in starting up the Massachusetts GTO club?

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully we are on the same train. Where is your dealer located? My dealer is in Maine about 2-1/2 hours from me and the car is coming to Framingham about 45 minutes from me. :confused: The dealer wants to pick it up as soon as it arrives there so he can get it through PDI so I can have it. :D

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
I hope my car is on the same train as you guys. A Mass GTO Club sounds cool.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
The dealer is located on Central Avenue in Albany, New York. I would probably venture to say that both are on the same railcar. Do what my salesmen did. Have the dealership GM call the railyard and Redflag the car. By doing this, it will expedite getting the car off the railcar and on to the carrier and then to the dealership.

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
I will definately do that. I will call them in the morning.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is already red tagged but he wants to pick it up himself. This dealer is GREAT, I'm dealing directly with the owner and he has even given me his cell and home phone numbers. :cool: I couldn't ask for a better dealer to do business with. I've been in the automotive trades for 25++ years and have never met another new car dealer like this guy. :D :D

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I would definately recommend to everyone waiting for their cars to keep calling the 800-2PONTIAC number and have the rep call Jack Cooper Transport. Also continue to have their salesperson call also. Keep the pressure on them to get the cars shipped. I probably was a thorn in their side by calling so much.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Superwildcat,
I am sure the salesperson wants to get your car as quick as possible to you so he can see what it looks like, and to see the look on your face when you FINALLY see the car. Probably for allocation reasons too. From the research I have done, I guess these GTO's are going to the dealerships who move the most cars. Is this what you people have heard also?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
He probably wants to seat the engine for you. Bragging rights at the dealership...the 1st drive.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TprGTO, That is what I have heard also. It is based on previous years sales of a certain model. I'm not sure what model, I have heard different ones mentioned. I'm not dealing with any salesperson, I'm dealing direct with the owner of the dealership. :cool:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts