LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in the car this afternoon to go for a little driver and after about 20 mins I realize that there was no sound? I thought maybe I just had teh volume turned all the way down, but it turns out no matter how the volume is adjusted there is no music or nothing. The cd player or head unit itself is working but no volume? This is just weird, I turned up the amplifier a few days ago but have had no problems until now. I last drove it friday and it sat all day saturday, everything was working fine until today when I realized out of nowhere there's no sound. Anyone have any clues?

·
As fast as fast can be
134 Posts
Mine has been doing the same. Mainly when I have my 10" subs hitting hard and it seems to only happen in C/D mode. I just turn off my factory head unit and wait a second then turn it back on. I really need to upgrade my head unit. Good luck. I have 68,000 miles on my 04 GTO so warranty is out of the question.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's not working at all, whether I turn it off and back on?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one has any ideas?

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
what have you added to the stock sound system?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing its still stock, head unit and all.

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
umm.. subwoofer fuse? warranty? those are my two ideas, i have the stock stuff too, and a panasonic cd player and wal mart speakers in my 240, to show you my background into car audio. but i would check the subwoofer fuse for sure. just get behind the wheel, and the panel beneath the wheel hides the fuse box. just tug on it, there are no screws or anything.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was the first thing I checked was the sub/amplifier fuse which is fine. I'm not sure what else it could be. I'll probably have to take it to the dealer even though thats my worst nightmare!

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
well if the sub is fried, then you'l have to go through them anyway. and if you tear into it, theres a good chance they'll deny your warranty. you get the rental car for free, so it's not so bad. mine's been in since thursday for rear end leaks
(plural:gears:)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't believe no one has heard of this happening yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts