LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if there is already a thread about this that I couldnt find, but the owners manual says be sure not to attach ".....tape, decals, or anything similar to the defrogger grid." I have never heard of aftermarket window tint (non-metallic) causing a problem with this. Anyone else?

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Hmmmm.....

I didn't realize there was such a problem with frogs that they had to put a grid in to stop them....

I've had many vehicles tinted with no defogger problems at all. The GTO has the radio antenna in the rear window so it is recommended you get a ceramic tint installed instead of the metallic ones.

Diggs

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diggs said:
I didn't realize there was such a problem with frogs that they had to put a grid in to stop them....

I've had many vehicles tinted with no defogger problems at all. The GTO has the radio antenna in the rear window so it is recommended you get a ceramic tint installed instead of the metallic ones.

Diggs

Thanks for the info. Sorry about typo. :drink:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Does the manual specifically state no tint?

Does use of tint create a warranty issue if problems occur with the defroster/radio?

Has anyone ever had problems with a tint installation due to neglegance (sp) of the installer? If so, advice on prevention?

I so want to tint, but am concerned about the above.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Huntress said:

Does use of tint create a warranty issue if problems occur with the defroster/radio?

Has anyone ever had problems with a tint installation due to neglegance (sp) of the installer? If so, advice on prevention?

The manual recommends not using the metalic tint because it could cause a problem with radio reception. Tinting over the defrost grids is not a problem.

slick50

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
slick50 said:
The manual recommends not using the metalic tint because it could cause a problem with radio reception. Tinting over the defrost grids is not a problem.

slick50
Excellent! Thanks for the info :cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Answers

Huntress said:

No.

No, unless you use metallic instead of ceramic.

No - you get what you pay for (usually).

No worries - go for it.

Diggs

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
For those of you in the chicago land area.....I have my cars tinted at Mid America Glass Tinting in Schaumburg IL. its about 3 minutes away from speed inc. they are reputable and do great work, and are reasonably priced. they only use the highest quality materials. you can check them out in the yellow pages.

i have had my GP done there about 4 years ago. haven't had a single problem with it yet. and my GP is one that has the antenna in the rear window.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts