LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have installed the noltec radius rod bushings, how dod you configure your washers? 3/3?

And why?

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 front 4 rear?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2/4 would be fine until you can get an alignment. You have plenty of room to lessen the caster as stock is around 8 plus degrees, if you are close I would play it safe until you get things ligned up.

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
MidwestPd said:
2/4 would be fine until you can get an alignment. You have plenty of room to lessen the caster as stock is around 8 plus degrees, if you are close I would play it safe until you get things ligned up.
I should do 2/4 as well then? I'm fine with whatever will give me what stock is or what is needed so nothing rubs and the guys can do an alignment. I'm not sure if they will know they would need to adjust the washers if needed.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
They should know immediately that moving the washers will change your caster, they just need to know that all 6 need to be used. 2/4, 3/3, as posted above stock caster is quite high, if you are rubbing with 3/3 then just run 2/4, which will push it back slightly. Depending on your alignment many will try to get as much caster as they ca.

·
Missing my T-Tops
224 Posts
I installed the RR Bushings when I did the rest of the Suspension install. I ran 2/4 and left the Factory washer on the Drivers side. After the alignment I had a very noticeable popping noise when turning into driveway or other uneven entrances and the car pulled to the right. I took it back to alignment shop they checked it again and said all was fine. Then they started throwing off on poly bushings (ie they are cheap to make, not necessarily better than Rubber. we don't use poly bushings in our track cars) and suggested they weren’t lubed and binding up causing them to pop. I lubed them very well during installation, but I went home and took the Passengers side off with the intention of putting more lube on. I noticed they had moved one of the washer to the rear for a 1/5 config, but the camber spec was too close to the other side for that to be right. When I took it apart they hadn’t gotten all of the washers on the crush sleeve. The sleeve had cut a nice ridge in the washer and the hole was now an oval. When the Suspension flexed it would pop out of the groove. It was loud enough for people to hear it when I was talking on the cell phone. I had to Dremel the hole round again to get it to slide on the Sleeve. Now that the Sleeve had been crushed it was very difficult to keep the washers lined up until I got the nut torqued back down. I went back to 2/4 config and everything has been fine since.

I sent the Shop photos and I’ll I got was an “I’m Sorry” and the shop was supposed to be top notch in setting up vehicle for Auto-Xing and such.

Service industry Sucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts