LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some non-performance questions for you to ponder/research/forget about.

-What does the horn sound like? Is it a big deep sound befitting an American car or is it a squeaky Euro-horn?

-What is final verdict on the third Brake light? Is it on the spoiler or in the rear window?

-What is the configuration of the overhead lighting?

-What kind of theft deterrent system does it have?

-Does it have a full size spare?

-Where are the “Ten speakers” located?

-If you get one with a black interior, what color will the “GTO” embroidery be on the seats?

-Does the rear view mirror have any extras (compass, thermometer, lights)?

-If you live in a state that requires a front license plate, where will it go?

-With the combination key/remote, does the key part flip out from the case like a Mercedes key?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
The third brake light is on the spoiler. There is still a question about a third one in the rear window that is disconnected. Is it there or not?

There was a picture of the key somewhere that showed that it was all part of the key.

Have we finally decided where the traction control switch/button is located?

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
The last picture I saw shows the TC on the center console to the right of the shifter, opposite of the window switches.

The spare is a space-saver.

The GTO lettering is in white on the black seats (black on the red seats).

·
49 Posts
When I was at the SAE dinner I looked at the CHMSL (center high mount stop lamp). It is located in both the spoiler and the package tray. They are both operational. Looks bad. I think I will be disconnecting the package tray CHMSL. The package tray should have a plug instead of a CHMSL. :slap:

·
49 Posts
The overhead lighting consists of a domelamp and 2 maplamps located in one system. The headliner is a non-woven fabric.

Ten Speakers:

Door Trim x2
Package Tray x4
Quarter Trim x2
Instrumnet Panel x2

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts

From the SAE meeting - unfortunately no.

Not that I saw.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
LOL!! Why would they go through all the trouble of putting a CHMSL in the rear parcel tray then not wire it!?!? If they did that, I'd really be asking some serious questions.

No auto dimming and temperature rear view mirror? I don't want this car anymore. :D

No heated seats, no electronic climate control, no moonroof, no auto dimming mirror, no thermometer/compass or OnStar in the rear view mirror....

Man, I'm gonna miss my driving my truck dare I say... :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
DevilYellow said:
It doesnt get cold in the saudi or australia :(
I know the feeling I even have heated seats in the GN
What? Don't they have winter down under? :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'm moving to Aussie then! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanatos said:
Here are some non-performance questions for you to ponder/research/forget about.

-What does the horn sound like? Is it a big deep sound befitting an American car or is it a squeaky Euro-horn?

-What is final verdict on the third Brake light? Is it on the spoiler or in the rear window?

-What is the configuration of the overhead lighting?

-Where are the “Ten speakers” located?

-If you get one with a black interior, what color will the “GTO” embroidery be on the seats?

-With the combination key/remote, does the key part flip out from the case like a Mercedes key?
1. Horn is good - unless its changed from my 99 Commodore.

2. Both due to the fact the Monaro does not come standard with that ugly rear spoiler.

3. Standard.. door opens light comes on :)

4. Engine Immobilzer

5. No

6. Don't know

7. Red I think

8. No

9. ??

10. Key is good....Nice and durable I throw mine around all the time. Only problem they are expensive to replace.. don't loose it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
LOL!! Why would they go through all the trouble of putting a CHMSL in the rear parcel tray then not wire it!?!? If they did that, I'd really be asking some serious questions.

No auto dimming and temperature rear view mirror? I don't want this car anymore. :D

No heated seats, no electronic climate control, no moonroof, no auto dimming mirror, no thermometer/compass or OnStar in the rear view mirror....

Man, I'm gonna miss my driving my truck dare I say... :drink:
Monaro has a few of those features ie climate control/On Star, rear parking sensors, but for whatever reason Pontiac decided it did not won't them..

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
After reading a few things, I think it centered around cost and and the time they converted it from a Monaro to GTO. Lutz wanted it NOW and he got NOW. What, it's only 18 months of conversion.

But I'm still gonna miss my heated seats and temperature/compass/auto dimming mirror. I can live without OnStar and it would be nice for the electronig climate control.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Oh yea, and moonroof. That I'll miss. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts

It's probably squeekier than you'd like ... Plenty of room for an air horn tho :)

Immobiliser, alarm (tho the alarm is fairly basic) and door deadlocks - when activated, the doors cannot be unlocked at all (not even from the inside). This is activated from the remote.

Holden do do a version of OnStar mounted in the rear veiw mirror called "Holden Assist", but I doubt the software and hardware would be US compatible.

Front licence plates are compulsory in Aus, so it should be able to attach just below the grille.

No - the key is fixed in it's mount.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts