LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
11 second all motor club
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this is my first american v8 since i was 16 years old!! haha god that car was a pos!

anyway, as most youngesters did i got into the import world, however NOT honda! haha i hate those cars. my former pride and joy was a 1994 turbo 6speed supra (hence the name eviltt).

now this is why im a noob i guess, im lost when it comes to performance gains on a non FIed car anymore, i mean im used to seeing exhausts giving real solid hp numbers to the wheels. with our GTO's im not seeing that (unless im looking at the wrong place)

so here is my question

06 GTP 6mt how do i get to 400 rwhp without voiding my warranty and without getting pulled over every 50ft for noise infractions? haha

BTW i love the car! sooo nice, comfy ride is great, solid feeling pulls, our stock stereo blows but meh im already changing that out

had the car a week tomorrow hahaha

·
Impending Diabolical Conquest
1,767 Posts
The haha thing is kind of annoying, sorry.

Anyway I do believe that SLP sales packages that will get you close to 400 rwhp and still keep the warranty. Its pricey as hell and can be done for wy less money but if the warranty is an issue thats about the only way you are going to get it. Unless of course you want to spray it and then remove it for warranty work.

·
Respect my Authoritah
597 Posts
Really like HAHA eh?

·
11 second all motor club
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey im giddy with the fact i have a new car can ya blame me?

no i know i do that sometimes when im typing and such, i have to multitask alot and i think i do that as a filler when im thinking about whatever else it is that im doing.

The SLP kit is what, hedders, exhaust and intake?? how pricey is pricey as hell? so they will void the warranty if i toss on like a kooks hedder or something?

·
11 second all motor club
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also forgot to ask about how loud would you say the SLP exhausts are and do they sound good? or would there be a better choice, im not as into volume as i am just overall tone and sound i love the sound of the car now, and a bit louder would be fine

·
Registered
350 Posts
EvilTT said:
how loud would you say the SLP exhausts are and do they sound good?
If you like a higher pitched, near exotic, type of exhaust note. They're also really loud, especially when paired with longtubes. I had a loudmouth on my 05 and hated it.

·
Impending Diabolical Conquest
1,767 Posts
Some dealers will not void because of headers and some will. The SLP kit comes with headers but they will warranty it. As far as pricey as hell how about $3500?? You cant link to it for some reason so just search for performance packages for GTOs.

http://www.slponline.com

Heres what it says:

PerformancePac, 2005-06 GTO "Loud Mouth" Exhaust w/Coated LT Headers/High-Flow Cats 455HP "Bobcat"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take the guesswork out of upgrading your 2005-06 GTO, with the 455 HP Bobcat PerformancePac™ from SLP® Performance Parts. Each 455 Bobcat package includes our high-flow air filter, thermostat, 25% under-drive harmonic balancer, complete header to cat-back exhaust system, custom PCM tuning, and high ratio 1.85 rocker arm package, all of which work together to significantly improve performance without adversely affecting drivability. Best of all, you'll save $100 over the cost of purchasing the parts individually!

This package includes the following items:
160º Thermostat (100228)
High-Flow Air Filter (25013)
Harmonic Balancer/Under-drive Pulley (100226)
Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers w/PowerFlo-X Crossover/High-Flow Cats (30168)
Loud Mouth Cat-Back Exhaust System (31560)
1.85 Rocker Arm Package (51185)
SLP Custom PCM Tuning (60060)
455 HP Bobcat Fender Badges (pair)

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

As with your Supra it's all about air in and air out.

If you’re looking for power from Bolton’s Longtube Headers should be your 1st modification. The catback can be done down the road or unless you just want to change the sound. A good Cold Air Intake “CAI” helps as well.

I'm guessing you bought a 05/06 and if that's the case have your LS2 intake ported, and get a custom dyno tune. You could also have the Throttle Body “TB” ported and polished.

Without going FI again the next big mods are Heads and Cam but that will void the warranty.

·
11 second all motor club
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ddawson said:
Welcome to the Forum.

As with your Supra it's all about air in and air out.

If you’re looking for power from Bolton’s Longtube Headers should be your 1st modification. The catback can be done down the road or unless you just want to change the sound. A good Cold Air Intake “CAI” helps as well.

I'm guessing you bought a 05/06 and if that's the case have your LS2 intake ported, and get a custom dyno tune. You could also have the Throttle Body “TB” ported and polished.

Without going FI again the next big mods are Heads and Cam but that will void the warranty.
so are most pontiac dealers inclined to void warranty for headders? thats a big one, i can fight if they try an intake or exhaust but the headders and highflow cats are a nother story.

yes i have an 06 phantom black/ black leather 6mt and so far one of my favorite cars :)

surprisingly this car gets more attention than my old supra haha!

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Check with the Dealer. They are all different.

You have to pay to play. It seems some dealers see power enhancing mods as a way to void the drivetrain.

Some will install then for you. Talk to the Service Writer and see what they think.

The Supra is a great car and worth some $$ now. There is a stock one here at work that I'd love to modify.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
From what I have read, a full bolt on LS2 with a good tune should do it.
As far as headers go, I go to a "good" pontiac dealership and they will not warranty my exhaust, but I have a manufacturers warranty and its all stainless anyway so I dont think it will be an issue.

·
Puppy Power!!
1,693 Posts
Technically speaking, the dealer can only deny warranty if the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure (see Magnuson-Moss Act http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm ). So if you install headers and your waterpump goes out, there shouldn't be any reason to not warranty it. That doesn't mean that some of these 'bad' dealers won't try to void the warranty though and it can be a big drawn out issue.

So basically, talk to a few service writers/managers in your area and see what they say about adding headers or such. Post up with your location in your Regional Forum and see if anyone has recommendations for dealers.

Bob

·
11 second all motor club
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ddawson said:
Check with the Dealer. They are all different.

You have to pay to play. It seems some dealers see power enhancing mods as a way to void the drivetrain.

Some will install then for you. Talk to the Service Writer and see what they think.

The Supra is a great car and worth some $$ now. There is a stock one here at work that I'd love to modify.

i sold my 94tt 6 speed for 45k with 115k on the odo!! good god huh? well it wasnt quite one or i could have gotten more,but she did make 761 rwhp with 635lb ft tq at the rear wheels! :D

any way i will talk to some service writers and managers and see whats up

why is SLP considered one of the ones that wont void warranty?

·
05 Torrid Red Pontiac GT0 6MT
1,096 Posts
BobthePhotoGuy said:
Technically speaking, the dealer can only deny warranty if the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure (see Magnuson-Moss Act http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm ). So if you install headers and your waterpump goes out, there shouldn't be any reason to not warranty it. That doesn't mean that some of these 'bad' dealers won't try to void the warranty though and it can be a big drawn out issue.

So basically, talk to a few service writers/managers in your area and see what they say about adding headers or such. Post up with your location in your Regional Forum and see if anyone has recommendations for dealers.

Bob
The problem is that they will start claiming that the "excess heat" from the headers caused the water pump failure. It's B$ but what can you do about it? Threaten to take them to court? (suppressing giggles)

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Hey, dont give him sht about laughing. For post number 1, I can understand a little excitement. Just got a car, and found a good forum for it... hahaha... right? lol

Unless hes just smoking pot. lol

·
11 second all motor club
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rVOLT said:
Hey, dont give him sht about laughing. For post number 1, I can understand a little excitement. Just got a car, and found a good forum for it... hahaha... right? lol

Unless hes just smoking pot. lol
haha no pot :)

i am just glad i found a good information forum, reminds me of the days when i first discovered the supraforums site :)

anyway im just real glad i found a real solid car with a good support group too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts