LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at this Kit from Holley - NOS-05177NOS

Those of you who already have NOS, and went with a dry system, where did you mount the nozzles? I'm pretty certain on our cars they must be before the MAF sensor so the computer can compensate accordingly, but with an aftermarket CAI intake, theres really no place to mount it.. If I stick with the stock box, I can mount it to the top of the box, but then I lose the benefits of a CAI. Was thining of going with the K&N, however if theres no way to run the spray with it, maybe I'll stay OE.

Any suggestions?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Dry doe shave to go before the MAF. Some of the NX systems include a replacement MAF that goes in place of yours with the nozzle built in!

Doc

·
Registered
262 Posts
NX MAF kit wouldn't work well on the GTO because of the 90 degree bend.. NX has a new product coming out soon that will work very well though :secret:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
there is an article about a wet NOS system install on an 04 GTO in the new HPP. i could scan it if DY would be willing to host it in the media section.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTOdriver7 said:
there is an article about a wet NOS system install on an 04 GTO in the new HPP. i could scan it if DY would be willing to host it in the media section.
That would be great! I know I would appreciate it and like to see it. Where can you get HPP? Should any major store carry it like all the others (motor trend, etc..) or is it a subscription / member only thing?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CDecker said:
That would be great! I know I would appreciate it and like to see it. Where can you get HPP? Should any major store carry it like all the others (motor trend, etc..) or is it a subscription / member only thing?
i think you should be able to pick it up in the book store. but if you wanna save $4 then PM DY and see if he will host it in PDF format in the media section. :)

·
11 second Club
1,452 Posts
Id use a wet kit If I was you and spray it after the maf.. but thats just my honest opinion.

:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTOdriver7 said:
i think you should be able to pick it up in the book store. but if you wanna save $4 then PM DY and see if he will host it in PDF format in the media section. :)

anyone hear back from dy on posting that article? GTOdriver7, you got the article in digital format? If so, would you mind e-mailing it to me?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CDecker said:
anyone hear back from dy on posting that article? GTOdriver7, you got the article in digital format? If so, would you mind e-mailing it to me?
i dont have it scanned at this moment. lemme PM DY and see what he says. other wise i can email the scans.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Anyone using the holley NOSzle system? Never seen it on anything looks promising but no one has it . . . . . .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site. NOS 5177 is a very, very safe kit. Also easy to set-up and fairly inexspensive compared to others. I've used it on two Vettes with great results. Ls1tech.com has ongoing info on this very versitile kit. On the Z06.com site they have a poll for best dry kit and NOS 5177 is at over 50% NX 25% others 25%.Robert

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
wheelburns said:
Anyone using the holley NOSzle system? Never seen it on anything looks promising but no one has it . . . . . .
That's because it's expensive. It's about 3 times more expensive than a regular EFI system. It's only cost-effective when the particular manifold has problems with even fuel distribution from a spray bar or nitrous nozzle. The Vipers have a real problem with wet nitrous systems, so they were good candidates for this setup until they came out with propane injection. I also have to wonder if it has any effect on fuel atomization because of the way it recesses the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brains said:
NX MAF kit wouldn't work well on the GTO because of the 90 degree bend.. NX has a new product coming out soon that will work very well though :secret:

That is made for an LT1 and LS1. The LT1s have a similar bend that the LS1 GTOs have. I was told by NX that it would work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts