LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from Dragway 42 last night (11PM) with GHQMAN (04 GTO) and my buddy in his Daytona it was tough staying under the speed limit. After they each turned off at their exits I was cruising in the left lan @ 70 MPH when I notice a new Dodge Ram Quad cab gaining on me. I slide over a lane and he slows as he evens up. Smiling and giving the thumbs up. We run it up to 85 or so back and forth and I notice he has a little Calvin pissin on the Chevy symbol. About then I realize this Hemi's gotta go down and learn what a chevy motor can do. :driving:
I drop it into 3rd at 70 and fly off to 120 leaving him WAY back (8 cars or more). As I slow down and approach my exit about 2 miles down the road he slides up next to me grinning and giving the thumbs up. Nice to see a little friendly competition on the roads.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Good kill. I had a similar situation a few months back with a hopped up regular cab short bed Dodge Hemi. He was up my A$$ on an on ramp then did a fly by on my left. He slowed up and got even with me and my wife asked me if I was going to let this guy smoke me. At that point he punched it and I did a 6th to 4th drop at 80 and took off to about 130. Can you say SEE-YA. I smoked that Hemi . . .

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Doc GTO said:
...I did a 6th to 4th drop at 80 and took off to about 130...
At 80 you could drop to 3rd if you wanted. It provides an entertaining little "bark" and puts you at the top of the power band.

I cruise the Interstate at 78 mph and absolutely love passing situations. Honestly, I think this is the "wheel house" for the '04 GTO. Real nice 80 to whatever acceleration.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Haha, nice kill, er, massacre or whatever :)

I remember one time I was at a stoplight, just playing around with the stereo or something, and a black ram pulled up next to me. I didn't even notice, just thought "typical pickup" and ignored him. When it went green, he nailed it - I heard a squeal and he was gone hard. Not to be outdone, I punched the throttle halfway thru first, barked the tires hard into second, and was a nose ahead at that point, after he had a trucklength head start. We had to slow pretty soon, as it was only a 55mph zone, but we ran up to about 65-70 and I had at least another length on him. Those guys really let those commercials get to 'em ;)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Try this sometime. When you are next to a HEMI, roll down your window and ask "is that a HEMI?" and when they say "yeh" you then ask "what is a HEMI?" Just look at their faces!!! Because most of them don't know what the heck a HEMI is . . .

·
VR4NOMORE....GTO4ME
80 Posts
LOL!!! Thats about the truth. Not to mention...this is not your fathers Hemi...it's a watered down version.

Not to mention...trucks have a funamental flaw.....aerodynamic drag. Takes a lot more HP to get those mothers movin especially above say 90mph. It's not even fair really. Great story though.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I smoked an SRT 10 in my Probe......

..Just Kidding

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
mistermike said:
I smoked an SRT 10 in my Probe......

..Just Kidding
Unless the SRT-10s are running you from arolling start. They can be beat. From a stop the rears go up in smoke pretty hard. I ran one in my mostly stock 00 SIlverado and had him to about 60 mph before his tires stopped smoking and he caught up. In the goat from a stop, if you can get the jump and not light em up, you could get them up to 80-100 pretty easy. From a 20mph or better rolling start. They win.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Good clean fun. He just wanted the exhaust note.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts