LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer today to try to get my bumper fixed. It was pulled out of place a while back when the bottom was caught on a concrete park stop. The dealer put the screws and such back in on the wheel well and it was all ok except by the headlights that part was sticking out. Well today the body shop people pulled it apart and said there are 2 brackets that hold that piece together. The bad part is that their computer lists those pieces as non-serviceable and that a new bumper would have to be ordered! What a crock. Probably $1000 just to fix a stupid piece that sticks out 1 cm. I'm just gonna leave it as is. I might end up getting it fixed when I have this chip on the fender fixed. That is already $300 something so I would just file a claim on insurance and pay the $500 and get it all done. It's bugging the crap out of me every time I look at the front of the car. GRRRRR

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
This is why I paid $330 yesterday to get a chip on my fender fixed. Couldn't stand seeing it there either. The thing was the size of a pencil-tip eraser and it cost $330. I don't care what anyone says - these guys make a killing. There was no parts replacement involved even. But it looks perfect and that's all that matters, I guess.

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was planning on getting that fixed sometime anyway. So I guess if I can get both the bumper and chip done at once it will be $500 for deductible and that's it. Not much worse than $320 or whatever it was.

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm gonna talk to the insurance company... if I can get it both done at once and have it under comprehensive it should be ok. I'm paying way too damn much for insurance already. 1100 or so for 6 months!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts