LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I aint a fan of the Mustang personally.

Ford Aus tried to sell the current generation base Mustang and the Cobra out here. They could just not compete in build quality against the Holden Commodores/Monaros and Ford Aus Falcons. They look rather cheap and nasty when compared to the local product.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Cool post. So here is a hypothetical question. Suppose someone wanted to put a few mods on that would significantly up the top speed and suppose this person then wanted to go to the local track and air the puppy out. Would there be a way to undo the top speed limiter? ls1edit maybe??!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
LS1Edit and removing the top speed limiter. :) You can alter/remove lots of things with that. :D

-Rev limiter
-Speed limiter
-tire size
-gear size

as well as numerous other things.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can also remove the warranty as discussed.

Warranty limiter = Bent valve because I over-rev'd the motor. Oh, I see you have used LS1edit. That'll be $1,500 bucks please.

Scary if you're not careful.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I yanked my engine at 1,000 miles. You suppose I voided the warranty? I'm planning on punching out my 496 in the truck to a nice round 540 cubes then adding a blower on top of that. You suppose GM might frown upon warranty coverage on that?

Warranty shwarranty! You want to play the game of modifying, you take that risk! If you don't want to risk it or can't fix what you break, don't play the game!

In Tails case, I would suggest someone experienced do any of his programming work, but I was just answering his question.

Remember, I used to do warranty administration when I worked in the service department!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So its possible to only take off the speed limiter? And would this potentially damage anything that would void the warranty? Ya i dont know much..

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Hey, my question was hypothetical...geez...I agree if your gonna play you gotta pay. No problem there. I certainly am not going to be the first to do any mods. I will be waiting for the experts to figure it all out. I may drink but I'm not stupid.....well that's my opinion anyway.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
vtav said:
So its possible to only take off the speed limiter? And would this potentially damage anything that would void the warranty? Ya i dont know much..
As I mentioned above, with LS1Edit or having an aftermarket tuner do it, one can remove or change the criteria above. You can alter fuel tables, spark tables, injector pulsewidths, injector loads, torque management (for you A4 guys), and on, and on, and on....

Pretty much anything in that PCM can be altered. But if you're not familiar I wouldn't just start tinkering with it. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
New Hot Rod has comparison of the Cobra (and Subaru WRX STi.) About even in many respects. Cobra $34750 with gas guzzler tax. 390 hp, 3665lbs. 3.55 rear, T56 trans. Goodyear Eagle F1 p275/40ZR17. (no traction,much smoke) 13.3/110, (they expect easy 12's with some decent tire.) 16/22 EPA, 17 mpg observed.
"... arguably the best factory hot rod currently built on this continent..." undoubetly ignoring a bunch of european iron that they don't admit exists ever in that mag and leaving open the possiblilty for the best factory hot rod built someplace else..... ie Australia of course!:p

Waiting for real production tests we are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts