LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,395 Posts

Words cannot describe the level of affection I have for this little dog. Again, should've snuck off and grabbed my good camera.

Attachments

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts

·
SLO GTO
1,246 Posts
Question...which image hosting website are most of you using to post photos? I utilize Flickr, but can't seem to find the appropriate size that portrays the best quality. Posting a original or even a large image just enables you to click on it and view a giant pixelated and distorted photo.

For Facebook purposes, the proper image size is 2048, but posting that image on a forum looks as if all of the sharpness is lost.

·
18's or bust
9,517 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Photo equipment used?

Guys there is no question that we have some talented photographers in this community, but it also be great to know the equipment they use and recommend. Specially the lenses. To get those nice depth of field blurred background photos there is probably some really expensive lenses with low aperture capability. I know I always wanted on of those Cannon white lenses with f2.8 aperture, but always get cold feet at the checkout!

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
It's not just the aperture, it's also distance from subject and focal length. But if all you want to do is blur the background, just buy the Canon 50mm 1.8. It's like $125, but can produce some knockout results.

I'm using a 60D, a 5D mk III and several lenses. Currently have the 70-200L 2.8 IS II, the 24-70L 2.8 II, the 17-40L...And a couple of cheaper lenses that never leave the bag any more.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
How did you do this (as in settings on camera)?
That was basically 3 photo HDR compiled in CS6. I used a T3i and 24-105 F/4L at F/13 I believe

Right now I got rid of everything except for 6D, 85mm F/1.2L, Speedlite 600 EX-RT, ST-E3 Transmitter. I am adding a 24mm F/1.4 and 135mm F/2 soon along with 2 more Speedlites and that should round out my kit. Some more recent work

PPQ Robar 1 by KMKPhotographySA, on Flickr

Nicki 7 by KMKPhotographySA, on Flickr

Nicki 3 by KMKPhotographySA, on Flickr

101 - 117 of 117 Posts