LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I got nothin!!!
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll Im sure the engineers hada good reason for this but on my 04 there is a rather large flat spot in the exhaust by the lower A-Arm....Will this cause turbulence...cant really tell in the pic bit its a like a perfect half square indention about 1/2in. deep and about 4-5in. long. If i would have saw it when i was getting my muffs put on i would of had them take it out and reroute or something.

:bs:

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
thats one of the main reason why i ditched the stock 04 exhaust. the piping is 2 1/4 with bunch of crimps. there more than just one crimp.

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
werd, look at any system designed for the 04 and they're always better routed with smoother bends and no crimps. The only 04 exhaust which doesn't use 2.5 inch piping are the borla which uses 2.25 (whatever) and the corsa which y's to a single 3 inch (again, why?) and the stainless works which uses dual three inch...hell yeah!! but I went with the dual 2.5 inch SLP loudmouth exhaust

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
weird because my flowmasters catback is routed just like the stockers except with bigger pipings no crimp and doesnt rub at all? what was the engineers thinking?

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
24 Posts
its weird, but I also noticed it on a SLP loudmouth exahust kit on ebay, this is the item #280032033002, its used but, you can see it on the left pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts