LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And even the 5 speed auto is faster than the 6 speed manual "GTO"...

Car and Driver beat the M6 "GTO" by quite a little bit with the A5 Mustang GT...

We won't even go into the fact you can get a base model GT for about 4-5 grand less than a "GTO"...

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Slower traps speeds, the Goat would be pulling away at the 1/4.

Nice interior there, boss.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Wow - you can get 1/2 the car of the GTO but it's a bit quicker - and oh yeah, there'll be about a million sold first year so you will see a car just like yours around every corner. Ho hum, will the trolls ever stop coming here?
Dan

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
FasterV8 said:
And even the 5 speed auto is faster than the 6 speed manual "GTO"...

Car and Driver beat the M6 "GTO" by quite a little bit with the A5 Mustang GT...

We won't even go into the fact you can get a base model GT for about 4-5 grand less than a "GTO"...
Now now, lets be fair (I know that's hard for you Mustang guys but try ok) and compare 05s to 05s...Try 0-60 in 4.6s for the revised 05 GTO grasshopper.

·
GTOless
7,060 Posts
i hate it when people try to compare two different year cars. The 05 Mustang should be compared to the 05 GTO, like phobos512 said. And comparing those two the GTO is quicker. :hail:

·
Registered
113 Posts
A few people from the Registry have test drove the new 05 GT's. So far the concensus is that the GT is not as fast as a Mach, so you guys should be ok as far the the GT goes. They are faster than the current GT but not quite as fast as the Mach.

DANSLS1 - Dont be mad the Mustang outsells practically Pontiac's whole entire line of vehicles. :gr_jest:

·
Can't have enough V8s
1,932 Posts
Automobile mag (I think) tested an M5 05 Mustang GT and only ran 14.0 or a little slower. Dont remember the trap speed, but MT and C&D usually has better drivers and Id think an auto is a hell of a lot easier to launch and run than a manual, especially without much practice.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
A few people from the Registry have test drove the new 05 GT's. So far the concensus is that the GT is not as fast as a Mach, so you guys should be ok as far the the GT goes. They are faster than the current GT but not quite as fast as the Mach.

DANSLS1 - Dont be mad the Mustang outsells practically Pontiac's whole entire line of vehicles. :gr_jest:
Trust me Dan isnt mad he makes a point, When i drive around i like the fact i see another GTO as much as i see Lambo's. Now also when im driving theres 2 or 3 mustangs every trip i take. I went to work yesterday 10 min drive I saw 6 mustangs and another 3 on the way home!! Thats more than all the GTO i have seen on the road.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
who the hell could be mad about that........they will be everywhere........"oh look another stang" WUPEEE ****IN DOOO :barf: :barf:

·
KBAS
221 Posts
I still think in the LONG run, the Goat is better performance wise.
350 hp/3900 lbs vs 300 hp/3500 lbs...
Maybe initially the 'Stang will have it, but after that...
Looks good though
<---- not hating on a Mustang for once.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
The red flag is up........

The cars are in position......

GOOOOOOO!

Let the bench racing/magazine shootouts/internet flaming/troll baiting begin!!!!

Wooohoooo!!!

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
This seems to be just another troll posting. The Mustang is a great car for a good deal of money. I wanted more luxury and more power. The only cars that fit that were Acura (more luxury less power), Pontiac GTO (more luxury, more power), Infiniti G35 (More luxury, less power). In the end i can't stand front wheel drive, The G35 was just to small for me, and the Pontiac was just an awesome car in person. If Acura made the AWD model i might have considered it first. As far as the Mustang, they put me on hold once they decided to get rid of the IRS for later. So they say they made a frame that was designed to accept both IRS and Solid Rear Axels yet they pull the BS flag and say it will cost too much to put IRS on the Mustang and don't even allow an option for those willing to pay for it. I for one hate the Retro guages, i love modern guages. The interior , is by far my most dissapointing feature of the new Mustang. The seats provide more neck support, i had none in my 01 GT. They are still crappy when it comes to lateral support. The back seats are becomeing even worse as now they are split seats. It was rough enough getting my friends to sit in the back, but now the back seats are looking less comfortable. Pluses - 1)When i drove my Mustang at 70 mph i couldn't hear anyone talking inside my car. It seems they have cut that down so that the car is more fun,functional and quiet. 2) Crappy ride - My 2001 Mustang GT was the worse feeling ride you could have. Even on flat pavement the car still jittered. The redesigned 05 has considerably lessened that and improved it to the point where it can give you a quality ride. 3) Styling (this is more your liking) I think the exterior of the car is outstandind. I love it. And when they make my 2005, 06, 07 or when ever BOSS Mustang i'll be there to buy it. For now i'll enjoy my Muscle car/BMW 5 series AKA GTO.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
250 Lb lighter and a solid axle. So what's the big revelation?

·
wheel hop tamer
271 Posts
desertgoat said:
The red flag is up........

The cars are in position......

GOOOOOOO!

Let the bench racing/magazine shootouts/internet flaming/troll baiting begin!!!!

Wooohoooo!!!
once again, you totally hit the nail on the head :hail::hail::hail: DG!!

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Poopeyhead troll.

Almost makes me regret my Mustang club get together tonight, knowing that trolls seem to favor the car for some reason.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.