holy hell...thats a mean turbo...prob good for around 1500hp

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Thats A Huge Bitch!

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
That is a little turbo......a little turbo more than anyone in their right mind needs. Holy hell :)

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
I would not stand to close to that probably suck up anyone or anything in front of it!!

I think it may be a bit small for a 6.0 motor!! May want to get 2 of those installed!! Otherwise motor might not make power all the way to redline!!

·
Registered Abuser
143 Posts
what the hell did that one come off of?

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
As somewhat of a submarine man, I believe that would actually be a scavenging air blower motor assembly from a non-GM equipped fleet submarine (what would today be called a "fast attack" submarine). The GM and Fairbanks-Morse submarine engines of the time used a positive displacement blower (similar to my Magnacharger) to provide scavenging air, which means it can't have come from a sub equipped with either of those packages. If not the scavenging air blower motor, there is a remote possiblity that it would be a main blower motor for the ventilation system.

Just thought you might like to know.

LR

·
Registered Abuser
143 Posts
whatever the hell it is......it's still ginormous!

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
Loboost said:
I would not stand to close to that probably suck up anyone or anything in front of it!!
And behind it! :eek2:

wheelburns said:
Yes, I do! I see you have an '05. All you have to is remove the inserts under the scoops. :thumbs:

Magnified said:
As somewhat of a submarine man, I believe that would actually be a scavenging air blower motor assembly from a non-GM equipped fleet submarine (what would today be called a "fast attack" submarine). The GM and Fairbanks-Morse submarine engines of the time used a positive displacement blower (similar to my Magnacharger) to provide scavenging air, which means it can't have come from a sub equipped with either of those packages. If not the scavenging air blower motor, there is a remote possiblity that it would be a main blower motor for the ventilation system.
Huge turbos for adding power>Huge turbo-looking things for ventilation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts