71601 - 71620 of 72132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,344 Posts
This interesting stuff.

·
Super Moderator
12,344 Posts
It does technically have a manual transmission it's just computer controlled lol.

It does not have a valve body or a torque converter.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it for you old geeezers that are stomping their feet.

·
17,637 Posts
So you have to shift it all the time with the atari handles?

Reactions: Mr. Black

·
17,637 Posts
I'm going to wait until I see one in person before passing any judgement on how it looks.

·
Super Moderator
12,344 Posts

·
17,637 Posts
No you don't have to.
That's good. Can't stand those shifter things. Have them in the Q and they are nice (magnesium units from GTR) and do work right away, which is impressive being a non-DCT, just can't get into them. Would rather have a clutch and real manual. Least there is the option to use the console shifter also, but again can't get into it.

·
Fake bacon lover
11,325 Posts
Just 'slow' driving past. Man it looks NICE. And I honestly HATED the first C7 that I saw went it came out. This was a much different reaction.

I'm hoping for 2021 and beyond there will be a Manual option. Sure leave it DCT - auto for the big HP models but no reason why you can't have a real shiftier for the base N/A milled cars.

PS: the flappy paddles on the C7 vette SUCK. Well You have to pull it about a second before you really want to shift. Fuck that. Just live auto in D and matt the pedal like all the rest of the mouth breathers ;)

·
17,637 Posts
That's useless if it has a delay...unless you are 'pressing' them too soon, although it will generally beep.

Not a fan of the C7 and it was just sort of an pacifying-interim gen before they put out the C8, according to GM insiders.

For fun, my friend and I went to build a C8 online to see how much and how many options. Will give chevy credit for allowing so many different configurations. Of course, it also drives up the price to mid 90k real fast and that isn't even picking 'everything'.

As for color, they offer a bronze color that looks real nice (in the pics).

·
Super Moderator
12,344 Posts
I'm hoping for 2021 and beyond there will be a Manual option. Sure leave it DCT - auto for the big HP models but no reason why you can't have a real shiftier for the base N/A milled cars.
Pretty sure it will never happen.

They would basically have to make another platform that looks the same on the outside.

PS, people are already breaking the DCT trans. It can only hold so much power and abuse. I see this as a fail on GMs part.

·
17,637 Posts
It was this color. Not the best pic/view but the color gives it some class IMO and not 'flashy':

EDIT...little better pic with the light hitting it.

I may be biased though as it's real close to the color on my Q :D

Has the optional wheels in those pics and some other price-driving-up goodies.

Reactions: MannyLobo

·
17,637 Posts
Pretty sure it will never happen.

They would basically have to make another platform that looks the same on the outside.

PS, people are already breaking the DCT trans. It can only hold so much power and abuse. I see this as a fail on GMs part.

Yeah, other mfr's have perfected the DCT so imagine at some point GM will fix there's to a closer level. Without bagging on GM though, it is a first year product right? It is never a good idea to buy a first year and unfortunately seems especially true on a GM. Not so much just for things breaking (in this day, most things are pretty reliable if you think about it and best be for the $$$), but also them offering better things the 2nd and 3rd year.

Porsche has gone back to offering manuals in some of the 911's. IIRC, they omitted all of them for a time, or so I heard. Which was a bummer to hear.

·
Super Moderator
12,344 Posts
I don't see the GM DCT thing as being a first year design problem. It's just under built. Basically it was designed to hold stock power and a little abuse. They after all these years should know that many will not leave these cars stock and they will see some abuse. It is a high performance car FFS.

·
17,637 Posts
I don't see the GM DCT thing as being a first year design problem. It's just under built. Basically it was designed to hold stock power and a little abuse. They after all these years should know that many will not leave these cars stock and they will see some abuse. It is a high performance car FFS.
True, although it is putting out close to 500 hp and who knows what those people are really doing. Also, being mid engine, imagine it hooks up pretty good (traction, breaky breaky, lol) A machine, any machine, can only take so much abuse. Although do agree with you on they should be over building them. Thankfully they haven't offered the turbo yet, as those are too easy to modify to a crazy level beyond the rest of the vehicle's/drivetrain design, so to speak.

·
Registered Offender
34,505 Posts
ive seen a couple C8's out here lately, white and orange. the white just looks so plain on it for my tastes.

·
Registered Offender
34,505 Posts
for some reason i have been seeing a lot of texas plates in my area for the last couple weeks......guess they are trying to escape the virus

·
Registered Offender
34,505 Posts
hey richard.....

·
Meh to nie Z06
2,030,807 Posts
I want to drive a C8 before I form an opinion. They are sexy looking and sound pretty awesome though.
I do however really love my C7. I plan in leaving it stock.I figure I will always be tweaking on the C3. I need one I can just get in and drive.

Reactions: Mr. Black
71601 - 71620 of 72132 Posts