LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm driving home from UCI on the local tollroad and this new NSX comes up from behind me to pass....so I decide to see if I can keep up. Well, I can tell you that he was NOT ABLE to pass me until I backed off! :) We went for about 1/4-1/2 mile until we finally had to slow down for traffic. To say the least, I'm very impressed with the GTO's highway capabilities! :D

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice. The LS1 is a killer at highway speeds! I tried to have a race with an NSX and this guy would not take the challenge.

Doc

P.S. This should be in the "Kill" section!!!

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kaboom 5point! Another one bites the dust! Doc -- I didn't put this in Kills because it wasn't really a "race" perse. Driver and I never made eye contact either...although with his 10%ish tint, he might have seen me, but I sure as hell couldn't see him.

·
Registered
245 Posts
RedThunder, where in OC are you? I live in Lake Forest, work in Irvine/Newport. I've seen a silver GTO on the freeway, but no reds yet?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
The NSX has a timeless styling and killer looks but outdated technology and will never winn a horsepower race. It is still pretty quick but at 270-290 hp it will have problems with the LS1.

Give it 40 more horses though and keep the same weight and it will make a lot of folks cry. But I totally love the car's exterior.

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
desertgoat said:
The NSX has a timeless styling and killer looks but outdated technology and will never winn a horsepower race. It is still pretty quick but at 270-290 hp it will have problems with the LS1.

Give it 40 more horses though and keep the same weight and it will make a lot of folks cry. But I totally love the car's exterior.
I think for once Top Gear got it right and told Honda to stop making the NSX. Its a great car overall, but it really has no identity in the 80k car arena. It isn't as fast as almost ever 80k car there is. Although it has great handling, but it has no real place except an 80K honda accord with great visual flare.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kpanza -- I live in portola hills, trabuco canyon (near Mission Viejo). I think I might have seen you getting on the 405 south at the Jeffrey onramp last week...do you go that way?

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw, I go to school at UCIrvine, so I'm always making the run up the 405 to jeffrey. I work at the Disneyland Resort too, so I'm usually blasting up the 5 as well.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
We just may pass each other on the 5 as well! :hail:

·
Registered
245 Posts
It may have been me, I'm always driving around Irvine it seems (starting my commercial real estate career). I live in Lake Forest, so we are real close! My brother lives over off El Toro Rd, right near Glenn Ranch Rd.

I saw another Blue Goat today in Irvine, near the airport. We'll have to meet at Fuddruckers or something one of these days?

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
absolutely! My house is just up glenn ranch (above the Oakley World Headquarters). Let me know a good day/time and we'll meet for some burgers!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
i live in Lake Forest (Lake Forest rd X dimention dr )
my friend works in Lake Forest (Trabuco, silver GTO)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts