LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So figured i would get this started so we dont end up having the confusion we had last year.

If everyone who's going could post up what they want or what they are willing to do as far as a meeting place and how many stops.

What im thinking for nor-mid cali is to have a meeting spot somewhere cental like Sac, probably meet up there at the latest Fri AM and head south on 5 to meet up with the so-cal people in Barstow like we did last year, then just head out to LV from there.

Leme Know what you all think.

possible Attending:
BillyGoatGruff
rx7gs85
spyral
Hardhitter
goatlovin
weedgoat
707GTOLS2
Abloveless
Ivman
Snowairg
Snerb
the joker

confirmed Attending:
LSXGOAT
Ponyklr
LS2Weber
KingF108
GoatLovin
dBassed
Jeff R

·
I'm a steamroller of truth...
1,857 Posts
So figured i would get this started so we dont end up having the confusion we had last year.

If everyone who's going could post up what they want or what they are willing to do as far as a meeting place and how many stops.

What im thinking for nor-mid cali is to have a meeting spot somewhere cental like Sac, probably meet up there at the latest Fri AM and head south on 5 to meet up with the so-cal people in Barstow like we did last year, then just head out to LV from there.

Leme Know what you all think.
There was no confusion on this end!! Jeff, Brian and I knew where and how we were headed down!! As I recall, the only one from Nor-Cal that met up with southland peeps was you!! :fawkdance

I think we should see how many are coming down from Oregon, Washinton and Idaho(?), then meet up with our Reno bros. Also depends on how many come from our neck-o-the-woods.

·
12,631 Posts
I think we have to give this more time to grow before deciding on exact routes. The forum just opened, and I'm sure there will be many others chiming in over the next several months.

I will say this though. Last year's drive was a lot of fun (except for that ticket :shiner:), and I'd love to take that route or something similar again. But there was very little time for socializing or sightseeing along the way, and as it was we got there just in the nick of time. There was no time to check into our hotels or unwind from a very long day on the road. I think whatever route we choose should be choreographed as a three day trek from Seattle rather than two. That of course depends upon how many WA/OR/ID folks sign up this year. If it's just 2-3 of us again, then obviously the majority will rule.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Well, I'm here. I'd have liked to see the event scheduled a bit earlier, but it is what it is.

So, if we do a drive down what kind of time off from work are we talking? I'm thinking a bare minimum of Thurs-Mon if we push the driving hard to get there and to get back. Wed-Tues if we take our time. Getting 5 work days off is possible, but it ain't gonna be easy...especially with deer season opening the following Saturday.

I guess that puts me in the "maybe" category. I'll have to get more info and see how things pan out at work before I can know for sure one way or the other.

BTW, how many of you NW guys do the Tiger Run in Oregon in May? That has a very similar schedule of events and is a comfortable one day drive away. I was thinking about doing that this year as well.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was no confusion on this end!! Jeff, Brian and I knew where and how we were headed down!! As I recall, the only one from Nor-Cal that met up with southland peeps was you!! :fawkdance

I think we should see how many are coming down from Oregon, Washinton and Idaho(?), then meet up with our Reno bros. Also depends on how many come from our neck-o-the-woods.
ya.... the confusion was mostly on my passengers.... haha, definantly not bringing them again. I could easily handle going the route you guys went last year, probably ALOT more scenic then good ol' Bakersfield, no offence ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering what days we would be taking up to do this trip. I'm going to see if I can get work off to make it.

·
1,857 Posts
Last yr. we drove over to Gardnerville/Minden, NV. on Thurs eve, rose at 6:30 for breakfast, we're on the road by 8:00am and at LVMS around 5pm, as I recall. There WERE several times where we were hauling arse, but quite a few stops for pics as well. Since Mon. is a holiday (Thank you, Christopher Columbus!) most of us headed back either Mon. or Tues.

·
Got da Goat
757 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I'm very close to Sacramento. I think Chris (LS2weber) will be going this year, and he too is in Sac.

·
1,857 Posts
It's happening a week earlier than Columbus weekend. :nonono:
CRAP!!! That's what helped me out last yr.!!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I'm very close to Sacramento. I think Chris (LS2weber) will be going this year, and he too is in Sac.
I wager Chris will bail and I AGAIN will be the lone Sacto. participant.

·
12,631 Posts
Like Pat said above, the bare minimum for Seattle folks would be 5 days, Thursday through Monday.

It's two long days of driving from Seattle to Vegas. A 5-day plan would mean getting to Vegas late in the day on Friday then having to leave for home early Sunday morning.

Last year I just took 2 weeks off. :fawkdance That gave me time to prep the car for the road before hand, have dinner & beers with Spylar, spend the entire weekend in Vegas, then take a more leisurely drive home.

·
1,857 Posts
So you're doubting me? :eyetwitch: ;)
Not at all; just making a safe bet, after a doz. peeps last yr. signed up, we wound up with only 4 actually attending, only 3 of us driving together. I really hope circumstances change and that there's no personal disasters or other situations that keep folks from attending probably the greatest 4-Gen GTO GTG ever imagined!

·
1,857 Posts
1 - 20 of 183 Posts