LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now I've given NXT a lot of praise but I'm sold on Nano. Today I stripped the wax off and applied the Nano Wax, it wasn't as easy to apply or remove but it works better... at least on my car it did. The paint showed less swirls just like they claim and the finish just plain shined more. Time will tell if it last longer than NXT but right now I have a new wax.

low rez
high rez

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S.
I've also warned against getting the NXT detailer on any plastic. The plastic turns white if you do. Well I've tried a lot of suggestions to fix it but nothing worked until I aplied Nano wax on it. It's black agian :p

...jeez, I'm sounding like a commercial :wall:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
mlc said:
For a while now I've given NXT a lot of praise but I'm sold on Nano. Today I stripped the wax off and applied the Nano Wax, it wasn't as easy to apply or remove but it works better... at least on my car it did. The paint showed less swirls just like they claim and the finish just plain shined more. Time will tell if it last longer than NXT but right now I have a new wax.

low rez
high rez
looks good

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looks great, man. Black's a pain. I've been using NXT with good results, but I'm always open to something new. Damn, one of these days I'll actually consume the entire contents of a bottle of wax before trying something else. You should see my graveyard of 1/3 used up bottles. BTW, you're welcome to drive to Cleveland and wax my car as a test. There's a pizza in it for ya! :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mistermike said:
Looks great, man. Black's a pain. I've been using NXT with good results, but I'm always open to something new. Damn, one of these days I'll actually consume the entire contents of a bottle of wax before trying something else. You should see my graveyard of 1/3 used up bottles. BTW, you're welcome to drive to Cleveland and wax my car as a test. There's a pizza in it for ya! :D
:gr_jest: through in a few beers and maybe. :p

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
mlc said:
P.S.
I've also warned against getting the NXT detailer on any plastic. The plastic turns white if you do. Well I've tried a lot of suggestions to fix it but nothing worked until I aplied Nano wax on it. It's black agian :p

...jeez, I'm sounding like a commercial :wall:
What plastic are you talking about? I use NXT on all my cars, including the 04 GTO and have not had that problem at all.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Looks beautiful! :D

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Huntress said:
Looks beautiful! :D
MLC, that high praise coming from a Zainoid! :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
nikivee said:
What plastic are you talking about? I use NXT on all my cars, including the 04 GTO and have not had that problem at all.
I haven't had that problem either.

·
Registered
163 Posts
mistermike said:
...You should see my graveyard of 1/3 used up bottles... :D
Yep, nano will be my next 1/3 empty bottle for my collection..... if that fails to impress, it's back to the Zaino, for good this time. :D No, really, I swear it's for good this time. I will no longer doubt it's ultimate superiority and understand that the time it takes is justified for the results.... really, I mean it this time. :burnout:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nikivee said:
The plastic is the the front plate holder (if you have one), the front lower grill, and below the wipers. But remember, I talking about the NXT detailer - not the wax.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Don't forget Zymol polishes too i've used alot of their stuff from the $10 wax they sell at autozone to $40 Zymol carbon wax they all perform well.
Look in IBM GTO for pics after cabon wax and rotary buffed.
http://community.webshots.com/user/fraser350

I will try Zaino and nano wax sometime too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
GMH GTO, gotta watch the "Zymol" products at Wal-Mart and Autozone, they are rumored to be made by Turtle Wax...... Just a rumor I've heard many times. If it's "cheap" it more than likely isn't real Zymol.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
hey, i knew if somebody else tried it they'd like it. it's been just three weeks on my car but it's been a month and a half on the wife's GTP and it still looks great. i was especially amazed at how easily it got rid of the swirls on the old car. it only took an hour and a half to wash and wax my GTO. i'm looking to doing it again soon and get a second coat on ziggy. i should be able to get 4 applications out of the bottle. for $10 you can't go wrong

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Red98gt said:
GMH GTO, gotta watch the "Zymol" products at Wal-Mart and Autozone, they are rumored to be made by Turtle Wax...... Just a rumor I've heard many times. If it's "cheap" it more than likely isn't real Zymol.
I've used their stuff sold at walmart, did a good job. Even if it is made by turtle wax it doesn't mean its cheap, what do you expect for $10. Consumer reports did case study on waxs and rated #1 Zymol cleaner wax #2 Meguires Gold Class #3 3M Liquid Wax.

Nano wax wasn't out then nor was NXT.

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
I just used nano and am very happy with the results. The IBM really shines :)

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Maybe I should know but I don't. What is NANO WAX and where do you buy it?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
04 LS1-MAN said:
Maybe I should know but I don't. What is NANO WAX and where do you buy it?
its a brand of wax (cant remember who makes). it utitilizes nano technology (very small particles, on the order of 10^-9, supposedly fills in the microscopic cracks and bumps of paint better than the rest). can be found at any auto store. there was a FREE rebate when i purchased mine a few months ago. this offer may still be going on.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EagleOne makes it. The bottle says its nano sized carnuba wax
here

Its been 1.5 weeks and still looks good. We've had rain for more than half that and the water rolled off like I've never seen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
goatee and mistermike:
you are not the only ones

PS. that new turtle wax platinum series is crap, it didnt even last 1 car wash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts