LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
500whp club here I come!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys, have gotten one quote so far, of 7,995 for a procharger D1sc and installation. was trying to check any other options in my area(NY/NJ), please any useful info is great, and if that quote is high or average...

thanks
matt

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
$8K seems very high if you ask me. The kit is what, $5.5K? That's $2.5K for install and a tune? Seems very high if you ask me but I have no first hand experience. We have quite a few reputable shops in the area, where exactly are you located?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's about right

thedak said:
Way to High. I had a Procharger put on my 04 Mach 1. $1300 with the tune...
1300 is a lot of money, but it seems that it is an acceptable price for an installation. I whope i find something like that for when i get my twin turbo kit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The price could be very fair. I depends what other (necessary?) upgrades that you are getting.

If you are also adding a boost controller, Walbro fuel pump, dual valve springs, and 60# injectors then $8000 including labor sounds reasonable. Without these goodies you should be able to do considerably better than $8k.

I couldn't stop there and went for the methanol injection and the blower cam, with fuel pressure/boost gauges, & muffler delete for about $10k.

·
CPO GTO
959 Posts
In VA though

Comparring a Mustange to a GTO is apple to ornges with labor times but I still think thats hi.
I am under that price wise and thats with the shop getting a boost a pump, injectors and spark plugs. with 4 hours factored in for a tune on the dyno. I would think you could do better.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Even if they charge 2k for labor and at $60hr that something like 33 hours to install? Thats way too high to me! Me and my brother installed a procharger on my camaro in a day, a complete intsall.

·
Registered
220 Posts
lanceygto said:
Best place I know off in that arrea is www.eastcoastsupercharging.com in Cream Ridge, NJ. Check out their web site. That's where I would go especially with a Procharger D-1SC for which you will need a qualified tune. While you are it get a cam as well.

Thank you very much for the plug lancey!:)

I am going to send an E-mail to the mods here and discuss becoming a supporting tuner on this site. We are mainly a Corvette shop, however it seams that we are doing more and more GTO's with what we feel are outstanding results. We have several stock engine maggies that over 500rwhp & Tq., custom blower cams, alky kits, overdrive balancers etc etc.

We have produced the fastest Procharged corvette that is only second to our new Paxton supercharger kit that has ran 9.33 @ 147mph. Along with nitrous assisted Maggies running 10.02 @ 140's and so on. We hope to continue this venue in the GTO world.

Thanks, Doug :gears:

·
500whp club here I come!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh that 8,000 still seems very steep to me, il def check out the other shops suggested, no sense in wasting money..and that 8,000 is only for the blower,install and tune..thanks for the help fellas..GTO86 im located on long island..any more input would greatly appreciated, mayb some prices other members paid...any shops reading this thread please PM me if you have a cheaper quote..thanks

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Doug @ ECS said:

I am going to send an E-mail to the mods here and discuss becoming a supporting tuner on this site. We are mainly a Corvette shop, however it seams that we are doing more and more GTO's with what we feel are outstanding results. We have several stock engine maggies that over 500rwhp & Tq., custom blower cams, alky kits, overdrive balancers etc etc.

We have produced the fastest Procharged corvette that is only second to our new Paxton supercharger kit that has ran 9.33 @ 147mph. Along with nitrous assisted Maggies running 10.02 @ 140's and so on. We hope to continue this venue in the GTO world.

Doug you and Chris are the man, that was my GTO you guy's did last week So if anybody wants to feel 500++ rwhp or tq feels like stop in ROSSI PONTIAC and Drive MY GTO and see what kind of work ECS does...Frank:)

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
My First GTO said:
Doug you and Chris are the man, that was my GTO you guy's did last week So if anybody wants to feel 500++ rwhp or tq feels like stop in ROSSI PONTIAC and Drive MY GTO and see what kind of work ECS does...Frank:)
Frank took me for a ride in his GTO, and it kicks-ass. It's super fast and sounds mean as hell. Wanna trade motors Frank??? :turbonaug

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
TorridGoat05 said:
yeh that 8,000 still seems very steep to me, il def check out the other shops suggested, no sense in wasting money..and that 8,000 is only for the blower,install and tune..thanks for the help fellas..GTO86 im located on long island..any more input would greatly appreciated, mayb some prices other members paid...any shops reading this thread please PM me if you have a cheaper quote..thanks
You could see if 'Vette Doctors will do it, they're on LI, otherwise you're going to have to head to CT or NJ. Try Mongillo Motors, they're a sponsor on the left, they're in New Haven, great guys, they installed my headers and if I ever get a Procharger will most likely be installing that too.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
Doug @ ECS said:

I've been eye-balling your website (ECS) ever since Frank Beck (Rossi Pontiac) took me for a ride in his car... Super-clean Maggie install; looks factory. Doug, you should get involved here; since riding it Frank's car, I keep thinking about getting a supercharger.

·
500whp club here I come!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GTO86 that quote of 7995 was from vette doctors, i know they are good but idk if its worth the money..Anybody have any work done by ECS or Mongillo motors wit forced induction and or quotes?

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
TorridGoat05 said:
GTO86 that quote of 7995 was from vette doctors, i know they are good but idk if its worth the money..Anybody have any work done by ECS or Mongillo motors wit forced induction and or quotes?
Oh, okay scrap 'Vette Doctors then. ECS is huge with the Corvette crowd, I would not hesitate going with them. Mongillo has alot of experience with F/I, Edgz06's GTO (he's a co-owner) is one of the fastest in the country, it runs an STS turbo. I know for a fact he's tuned one 600RWHP Procharged GTO and at least another Maggie GTO. Just call them up to see what they'll charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts