LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if the forums still translate "OBX" into what it used to.

Looks like it does not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm sure for the price of a Whataburger, the mods could be convinced to manually & creatively rename OBX each time it's mentioned.

·
Administrator
20,786 Posts
Dont know if I dont have access or just don't know but I cannot finger it out.

Yeah looks like I dont have access and I probably shouldn't!

·
Administrator
20,786 Posts
If I could I would replace OBX with Chinesium.

·
Administrator
8,723 Posts
New forum platform took has none of the fun tools we could play with anymore.

Can’t even restrict users from posting items for sale anymore. Reminds me that I need to go in and zap some of the FS rules since they are impossible to enforce anymore and spammers have moved to FB pages anyway.

·
Administrator
8,723 Posts
Hell with rules anymore. It should be a miracle that folks are even here in 2021.

Reactions: lumpy46

·
1 of 40,757
6,597 Posts
Obviously Been Xeroxed parts used to be ridiculously cheap.
Are they using US sourced stainless steel now? (lol)

·
GR-RRR!
6,471 Posts
April fools, lol. Out of my budget.

But the fiance did say i could go get a vette instead of a tvs. I think id rather have the tvs though.
Good one.

Once I buy something I tend to never let it go. I guess I only buy things I know I'll be wanting to keep for a very long time.
I've had the Chevelle 40 years.
I've had the wagon for 17 years.
I've had the GTO for 11 years.
I've had the truck for 22 years.

The daily I've had for almost 6 years now and since it will probably be the last new car I'll buy I don't see it going away any time in the foreseeable future and since "they don't make 'em like that anymore" I don't know what I'd replace it with anyway (that I could afford at least).

The first new car I bought in 1985 I owned for 25 years and 275,xxx miles. I only sold it because when the GTO came into the family I just didn't have room for it.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Good one.

Once I buy something I tend to never let it go. I guess I only buy things I know I'll be wanting to keep for a very long time.
I've had the Chevelle 40 years.
I've had the wagon for 17 years.
I've had the GTO for 11 years.
I've had the truck for 22 years.

The daily I've had for almost 6 years now and since it will probably be the last new car I'll buy I don't see it going away any time in the foreseeable future and since "they don't make 'em like that anymore" I don't know what I'd replace it with anyway (that I could afford at least).

The first new car I bought in 1985 I owned for 25 years and 275,xxx miles. I only sold it because when the GTO came into the family I just didn't have room for it.
I have tried that intention but its never worked.

So far my truck is the longest ive owned anything at 7years. Most others have been 3ish.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
1,181 Posts
I had my '87 Camaro almost 20 years before I wrecked it. Our '09 van was bought new and has almost 180k miles on it. Somehow, our kids have newer cars ('10 and '13), but they're not as nice or expensive as the GTO and van are.

·
Worthless reject member
46,624 Posts
April fools, lol. Out of my budget.

But the fiance did say i could go get a vette instead of a tvs. I think id rather have the tvs though.
Coming from a self-aware-wolf type of car guy, you should get the vette.

Now if it were me i would keep throwing parts at a substandard car and buy the tvs.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Coming from a self-aware-wolf type of car guy, you should get the vette.

Now if it were me i would keep throwing parts at a substandard car and buy the tvs.
dont get me wrong id love a vette. its a better platform and better parts availability.

really the only downside would be 2 seats which means no room for the car seat which would mean i get to drive it less. also for the price itd be pretty easy to build a solid motor with tvs for the goat. ive already done all the "hard" maintenance stuff on the gto.

if i could garage a vette and keep the goat thatd be the win

·
Administrator
8,723 Posts
TVS. Ohh the torque...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts