LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all is going? I am planning to take GTO down, gotta finish breaking in and tuning trans this weekend. I may trailer it as I am paranoid at this point about it lol

Arriving Thursday night and staying until Sunday.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
610 Posts
Nice, where ya staying? I am considering trailering mine down, not too comfortable driving it 200 miles each way just yet.
What you have done to it that the drive would be unreliable?

BTW I’m in Toms River NJ area. Not going to make it this time but want to go down one year when I have the GTO a little more modified.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you have done to it that the drive would be unreliable?

BTW I’m in Toms River NJ area. Not going to make it this time but want to go down one year when I have the GTO a little more modified.
I'm on my 3rd trans in the last 500 miles. The first built trans the clutches weren't set up correctly and it lasted 495 miles. Then I went to Performabuilt for the new trans and there was an issue internally that instantly smoked the 3/4 pack the first time it shifted to it. Now I have a replacement from them and I'm just paranoid at the point.

I'm staying at 94th St.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You were dropping gears beside us on Friday. We were in the blue GTO, black spoiler and black stripes on the hood. Seen you messing with the cobra behind us.
Oh haha, yea it held up well.

White one? Ran him twice out of the hole and off a 25 roll to 70ish n got em both times. That car makes close to 80O.

Got one other good race off a 30 roll with some old primer car on a tire n came around him hard. Getting races ain't what it used to be.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah the white cobra. Saw you leave him at the light hard when y'all turned around from Delaware.

Your car is set up nice to move like that. What all is done to it besides exhaust, cam, stall, tire?

Haha yeah, everybody scared down in oc now between cops and not knowing who has what My clutch went in on Wednesday so I couldn't do any beating on my car. Gotta break in the clutch which is hard since I rarely drive the car. (05 with 42k miles). So may be ready to do some pulls by spring cruisin, lol.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the white cobra. Saw you leave him at the light hard when y'all turned around from Delaware.

Your car is set up nice to move like that. What all is done to it besides exhaust, cam, stall, tire?

Haha yeah, everybody scared down in oc now between cops and not knowing who has what My clutch went in on Wednesday so I couldn't do any beating on my car. Gotta break in the clutch which is hard since I rarely drive the car. (05 with 42k miles). So may be ready to do some pulls by spring cruisin, lol.
Lol thanks, car works real well for what it is. HCI on e85, big stall, tire, and gforce coils in rear and custom valved konis up front. Went from 1 3/4 headers to 1 7/8 and then a custom CAI that picked up nice power.

I didn't follow my converter break in procedure at all lol. I put 50 miles of easy driving on it instead of 150, I couldn't hold back. I can't wait to head back in spring.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What kind of power is it making? It's definitely a good setup though. I wanna go hci stall with my LS3 Camaro since the GTO is stick turbo. Just gotta decide on the setup.

It was/is hard not to do some pulls but figuring I just dropped 1500 on the clutch setup, I'll try to be good and break it in. Lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kind of power is it making? It's definitely a good setup though. I wanna go hci stall with my LS3 Camaro since the GTO is stick turbo. Just gotta decide on the setup.

It was/is hard not to do some pulls but figuring I just dropped 1500 on the clutch setup, I'll try to be good and break it in. Lol
No clue, it's street tuned and with a loose 4000 stall it'll dyno like crap anyhow lol.

Couple guys I know with very similar setups on 6spds do 510-530whp. I had a plate kit for it too but sold it.

I had planned to be good/easy but I havent driven the car really since early May so it was hard to.

Where you from?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Haha true, times and mph tells the true story of the power. Who did your tuning? Who picked your setup?

Wow that's some nice power out of all motor. I'm 565whp at 7psi with slipping clutch. Once the clutch is broke in then I'll turn it up some more. And I'll need to add some more traction.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha true, times and mph tells the true story of the power. Who did your tuning? Who picked your setup?

Wow that's some nice power out of all motor. I'm 565whp at 7psi with slipping clutch. Once the clutch is broke in then I'll turn it up some more. And I'll need to add some more traction.
My buddy does my engine tuning, I do my trans tuning. I have a wideband and we just go out n ride around and do pulls dialing motor in. I still need to get AC idle setup.

I put the setup together myself. It's PRC 225 heads, 232/237 112LSA .590/.591 cam, fast102, 102tb, ls3 MAF, 4" fender mounted intake, 1 7/8 headers, 3" exhaust, morel lifters, Smith brothers trunions, flex fuel setup running primarily on e85. Compression should be 11.4/11.5ish.

This thing runs damn hard for a HCI setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts