LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 red, Mast blk label heads and cam, magnacharger mp112, e85 conversion, FLT stage 6
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up a set of SAP grills to replace the CF sap repos I got from GTOG8TA last year (just not happy with the CF look of them).

Did the original SAP grills have some sort retaining clips? My stock grills didn't have any retainer clips when I removed the. I searched and read through several SAP grill threads but most didn't have pictures anymore and I only saw couple mentions of retainer clips.
The 2nd picture is some gto "grill" retainer clips. Are these what I need to hold grills into the bumper.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread

Rectangle Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Symbol

·
Administrator
9,236 Posts
Yup, that’s them.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
05 GTO, PBM, M6, SAP, 18s
1,797 Posts
See thread below…. includes photos of some of the SAP original install paperwork…

Hoping someone who has them can add photos of the install sheets for the remaining SAP bits—Rockers, Rear Bumper, Exhaust.

·
GTOless
7,212 Posts
The picture of that grille clip looks familiar. Yea the SAP uppers used the same clips as the lower gto grille insert.

·
Registered
2005 red, Mast blk label heads and cam, magnacharger mp112, e85 conversion, FLT stage 6
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The picture of that grille clip looks familiar. Yea the SAP uppers used the same clips as the lower gto grille insert.
The pic of the sap piece? I got the grills from a guy on Facebook, maybe you saw the picture there. They need to be repainted but the price wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
PBM 04/M6 LSS C5 Pads DBA 05/06Rears SAP stuff JBA shorties CAI Granatellis 06 Tails
443 Posts
And don't the clip tabs on the OEM SAP grills pretty much break off if you so much as look at them?
This is why I was so adamant about removing the front bumper to do all my front end stuff. I didn’t snap a single clip or piece off my OEM 04 kidney grilles. They’re minty and in a box on a shelf in my garage for safe keeping :)

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
785 Posts
I bought a minty set of SAPs from a dude goes by the name juniorss.
I managed to find a REALLY nice set of them....except they are painted red :-(

SO, I would like to know how sum'ov y'all remove these clips? I typically use a small screwdriver, an angled pliers and a pin puller to help open the jaws of the clip.

·
Wol Gemut
3,742 Posts
I managed to find a REALLY nice set of them....except they are painted red :-(
congratulations on that! the thing is, even though mine are flawless oem color, I still plan to paint them, it bothers me they have metal flake which I do not think goes with metallic paint. Planning VW's Urano Gray, it's awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts