LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies to John Steinbeck, but he had it all wrong. Of Mice and Men totally fits my kill this evening, rather than a bunny rabbit loving oaf.

In front of the local Ford dealership this evening, I pulled up behind a yellow ZX3 and a Mitsu Lancer OZ Rally. I revved my engine twice to show off for the kids and they both responded, with the ZX3 spinning his wheels up (boy was I ever impressed). They took off and I followed right behind the Lancer. At the next stopsign, I got around the Lancer. The yellow ZX3 showed up beside my door and revved his engine. They took off and I floored it. They didn't have a chance. I blew their doors off and got to the next stop sign. At this point a Buick began turning left in front of me into the lane I was in (across the intersection). The ZX3 pulled up to my door and took off immediately. I followed suit but couldn't pass the Buick. The ZX3 passed me and I got behind him, followed him around the Buick, where he got over, and I overtook him easy. There was a truck in their lane at the next light (cutting off my ability to make a right turn into Wal-Mart where I was headed but that's beside the point). I floored it off the line again and got around the truck and made it into the right hand lane, then turned right at the next light to Wal-Mart where they turned left. I think they will know not to toy with a GTO again.

What I find funny is that the sound of my engine didn't immediately put them off. Makes me wonder if they had any mods. They did have a coffee can exhaust on the thing but I doubt it was for any real purpose. Anywho, that's my first kill, pathetic on their part as it was, but it made me feel good. :)

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
"getting around and between trucks" is my style lol. the last time i did it , was with Z350 "trying" to pass me lol he tryed to do the same thing but, sorry Z i guess your balls aren't big enough as well as your engine ,lool he slowed down. :D :D

good job :thumbs:

·
Registered
121 Posts
phobos512 said:
I think they will know not to toy with a GTO again.
You think they'd have known that already. :confused:

I'm wondering if he goes around taunting Vettes, Vipers and Porsche's also. ;)

·
3,327 Posts
phobos512 said:
Apologies m'lord but the serfs were beginning for the taste of swift steel.
Well Said indeed!

·
Registered
541 Posts
rocoop said:
You think they'd have known that already. :confused:

I'm wondering if he goes around taunting Vettes, Vipers and Porsche's also. ;)
Yesterday I was in the middle of town and coming in the opposite direction was a carload of kids in a dark blue Cavalier with light blue flames across the front (actually a decent paint job) and the requisite sh-- can muffler. He revved his engine when he went by. These kids are just ignorant. And irreverent. When I was a kid I knew my place in the automotive hierarchy. If the other guy had an obviously faster car, you showed respect.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There isn't much in the way of a fast cars culture in my town. We're only 30K people, so taunting Vettes, Vipers, and Porsches isn't really a possibility around here. To be quite honest, I'd rather save my racing for the dragstrip that they do every couple of weeks at our airport. It's apparently the oldest dragstrip in the world. I'm not sure how true that is, but anyway...

http://www.inyokerndragstrip.com/

Now that I'm out of my break-in period, I'm going to be out there the next time they do it, if only for a run or two (if this car performs as I expect and they are as strict about the NHRA rules as people say, then one run is all I will get as I don't have a helmet).

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read about that one last night in Sport Compact Car. I couldn't help but laugh. Told my friend Ed that was with me "Now THIS car would certainly beat my a**".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts