LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New season starts....... NOW!

Nebraska announced that they have fired their DC and a couple other defensive position coaches are leaving. Riley worked with this DC for 14 years at Oregon State and brought him along to Nebraska. He improved the defense (from a 60-something ranking to a 30 something ranking). Not sure what the details are, but hopefully we'll get someone good. Not hiring from within.

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts
Am I the only one that is annoyed that they started a 2017 ranking already? Talk about completely pointless.

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
I love the balls of FSU and Alabama. Playing an out of conference game like that take a big set these days. We made out hotel reservations yesterday.

Go Noles!

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts
Man, a lot of balls on college teams...hope you are practicing

·
NC Rogue Squadron
2,422 Posts
Am I the only one that is annoyed that they started a 2017 ranking already? Talk about completely pointless.
No, but it is what it is. I like the that CFP waits until a few weeks in FWIW.

I love the balls of FSU and Alabama. Playing an out of conference game like that take a big set these days. We made out hotel reservations yesterday.

Go Noles!
Especially considering when this was setup. Great game to open the season.

SEC!

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,711 Posts

Yeah, and they gave us a top 25 spot...we don't need any hype going into this year!!! Nothing that will make these kids think their team is better than it is!

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
The underclassmen exiting the Buckeyes early this year can't touch last years talent wise. ...they will have a rude awakening on draft day. I think I read OSU has the most leaving again and a lot are only first year starters.

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
Yeah, and they gave us a top 25 spot...we don't need any hype going into this year!!! Nothing that will make these kids think their team is better than it is!
The hype surrounding the shorthorns going into this season will be YUGE!

If Herman can get Texas into a battle with Oklahoma for the league championship this year, the science will be settled: He's a genius.

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
The underclassmen exiting the Buckeyes early this year can't touch last years talent wise. ...they will have a rude awakening on draft day. I think I read OSU has the most leaving again and a lot are only first year starters.
Aside from Hooker, who's a first-rounder probably, there's nothing resembling last year's crop, which was among the best ever.

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,711 Posts
The hype surrounding the shorthorns going into this season will be YUGE!

If Herman can get Texas into a battle with Oklahoma for the league championship this year, the science will be settled: He's a genius.
Well, at least we have had some recent experience with making excuses for not meeting expectations....just hopefully we don't need to go that route!

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts
Aside from Hooker, who's a first-rounder probably, there's nothing resembling last year's crop, which was among the best ever.
I'm not sure who they were getting advice from but they are pretty stupid for declaring early. Like you guys said, they don't even come close to the talent that left last year.

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts
Its actually supposed to be a pretty deep draft (minus the QB position) from all accounts I've heard.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Its actually supposed to be a pretty deep draft (minus the QB position) from all accounts I've heard.
I'm seeing a lot of corners and safeties coming out that are rated better than the Buckeyes which makes it even more ridiculous that these guys with one years experience are reaching for dollars that won't be there.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
1 - 20 of 626 Posts