LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 571 Posts

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
I still don't get that move by the Skins. He must have really pissed off the organization.

Bears seem to be unlucky again in the scheduling department. Last place team but have the 8th toughest schedule based on 2017 win percentage. wtf.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
I think the organization pissed him off. He flat out told them he was not going to sign a contract with them because they jerked him around for two years. Their only option to keep him would have been to franchise him for a 3rd straight year and pay him like 30+ million.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
I still don't get that move by the Skins. He must have really pissed off the organization.

Bears seem to be unlucky again in the scheduling department. Last place team but have the 8th toughest schedule based on 2017 win percentage. wtf.
You know where you finish in the standing only affects 2 games right? Everyone in the NFC North has a as or more difficult schedule.

The Giants also came in last, also has the 8th hardest schedule and it's the hardest one in the NFC East as well.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,370 Posts
The Giants also came in last, also has the 8th hardest schedule and it's the hardest one in the NFC East as well.
Kind of a murky stat, that one. If you eliminate the giants from playing the eagles, their schedule appears much easier, and the opposite for us.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
Kind of a murky stat, that one. If you eliminate the giants from playing the eagles, their schedule appears much easier, and the opposite for us.
Sure But you can make the exact same argument for the Bears with the Vikings.

I was just pointing out that being in last place doesn't mean you get an easier schedule beyond 2 games.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Seahawks dumping all their locker room problems. I would hard pass on Sherman. He'll be 30 years old and you just don't know how he's going to come back from that injury.

·
HGH Optimist
8,021 Posts
Browns making moves!!!

They're winning it all next year*!

*4 games

Real talk... I hope they surprise a lot of people. It'd be an awesome story to read about the NFL's annual dumpster fire coming out of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Broncos moved on from Talib, I can honestly say that I'm sad to see him go. If the Broncos don't land Cousins this year will be a dumpster fire, one that will probably have an interim head coach by week 7.

·
Administrator
9,414 Posts
ODB OBJ making headlines with a "suspiciously large cigarette and white powder". Should be interesting.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Browns making moves!!!

They're winning it all next year*!

*4 games

Real talk... I hope they surprise a lot of people. It'd be an awesome story to read about the NFL's annual dumpster fire coming out of nowhere.
If they do get Barkley at number 1, which I don't think they should, they'll have a scary offense if they can keep Tyrod upright.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
I would not take a RB in the top 10 and I would be reluctant in the 1st round. Even if I knew I am getting Barry Sanders 2.0 or someone of that caliber, its just hard to justify. LeVeon Bell 2nd rounder, Alvin Kamara was a 3rd round pick, Kareem Hunt 3rd rounder, Jordan Howard 5th rounder, etc. The Steelers are even reluctant to pay the best all round RB in the game right now.

Running back is LOADED this draft class. I'd take a Sony Michel or someone like that in the 3rd or 4th round. I'd bet good money that someone in this RB draft class will have a similar career to Barkley or even better.

They need to get the QB of their future. Take the QB they are most in love with at 1, they cannot afford to pass on a QB anymore. They passed on Wentz, Watson, etc. Then if Barkley is there at 4, which he still might be, then grab him. The Browns taking a QB at 1 will probably cause a run on QBs, so Barkley may fall to 4. If not they can trade back or grab a Bradley Chubb. Can you imagine Chubb and Garrett?

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,483 Posts
Who would you take over Barkley? I think any team that passes on him is retarded.
I'd rather have Chubb. Force teams to stop chipping or doubling Von.

I think I would even rather have Queton Nelson as bad as the Broncos line is.

Maybe it is from getting burned by high pick running backs the here lately, just don't want to spend that high of a pick on a running back. Especially with our shitty line. If we don't get Cousins, and Barkley is on the board, I want the Broncos to get a quarterback. Then take a shot gun approach to finding a running back later in the draft.

·
Administrator
18,921 Posts
I would not take a RB in the top 10 and I would be reluctant in the 1st round. Even if I knew I am getting Barry Sanders 2.0 or someone of that caliber, its just hard to justify. LeVeon Bell 2nd rounder, Alvin Kamara was a 3rd round pick, Kareem Hunt 3rd rounder, Jordan Howard 5th rounder, etc. The Steelers are even reluctant to pay the best all round RB in the game right now.

Running back is LOADED this draft class. I'd take a Sony Michel or someone like that in the 3rd or 4th round. I'd bet good money that someone in this RB draft class will have a similar career to Barkley or even better.

They need to get the QB of their future. Take the QB they are most in love with at 1, they cannot afford to pass on a QB anymore. They passed on Wentz, Watson, etc. Then if Barkley is there at 4, which he still might be, then grab him. The Browns taking a QB at 1 will probably cause a run on QBs, so Barkley may fall to 4. If not they can trade back or grab a Bradley Chubb. Can you imagine Chubb and Garrett?
I get that Barkley is super-double-amazeballs in workouts, and he was crazy good in last year's Rose Bowl, BUT after watching this year's Rose Bowl, I'd take Sony Michel before I'd take any of the other RBs.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Michel is a stud. If he wasn't basically 1b behind Chubb, he'd have way better collegiate numbers and be talked about a lot more. People are sleeping on Chubb though. He's more of a downhill bruiser type, but he's every bit as fast as Michel when he gets to the 2nd level. He just doesn't have that lateral agility. You could argue they were one of the best ever backfield tandems in CFB.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd rather have Chubb. Force teams to stop chipping or doubling Von.

I think I would even rather have Queton Nelson as bad as the Broncos line is.

Maybe it is from getting burned by high pick running backs the here lately, just don't want to spend that high of a pick on a running back. Especially with our shitty line. If we don't get Cousins, and Barkley is on the board, I want the Broncos to get a quarterback. Then take a shot gun approach to finding a running back later in the draft.
Elway sucks at drafting in the early rounds but they've only taken a RB higher than the fourth round twice since Moreno. None of the QBs have impressed me from what I've seen, they all look like multiple years of development. If the Broncos draft a QB in this draft I'm going to be pissed, waste of a pick. I'd rather them take a lineman at 5, or Barkley if available.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Who's going to be the QB then? If you aren't drafting a QB every year, you are doing it wrong.

1 - 20 of 571 Posts