LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 487 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring games are only 3 months or so away.....

FINALLY, an upcoming season I am actually looking forward to. Been a long time since I've felt good about where the Huskers are going.

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts
I hear the Tide is gonna be pretty good, got a few young players...
Lol funniest comment I saw after the championship game was my brother saying he has been saying all season that Tua (not even trying to spell it) should have been playing instead of Hurts.

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
912 Posts
Lol funniest comment I saw after the championship game was my brother saying he has been saying all season that Tua (not even trying to spell it) should have been playing instead of Hurts.
I was a Hurts guy to the bitter end. Tua Tagovailoa. Better learn to spell it now, He'll kick butt for a couple of years, and then his lil brother (Taulia) will be on the map in college football. He's absolutely killing it in HS down here.

·
Where am I?
1,028 Posts
Maybe Chip Kelly will give people a reason to watch the PAC12 again.

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
912 Posts
Maybe Chip Kelly will give people a reason to watch the PAC12 again.
Sumlin's in the PAC12 now too. :wall: Khalil Tate + Sumlin = some that Manziel RS freshman year magic? Tate's a JR this upcoming year IIRC, and won AP Newcomer of the year of something of that nature. Kid's fun to watch, ran for and passed for around 1500 each. Reminded me of Pat White at WVU.

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone tell I'm excited to start the new year?
=======================
SCOTT FROST COACHING NOTEBOOK

CAREER COACHING ACCOLADES

2017 AFCA Coach of the Year
2017 Bear Bryant Coach of the Year
2017 Home Depot Coach of the Year
2017 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year
2017 FCA Coach of the Year
2017 AP Coach of the Year
2017 American Athletic Conference Coach of the Year (Unanimous Selection)
2017 Region 1 AFCA Coach of the Year
2017 George Munger Award Finalist (National Coach of the Year)
2016 & 2017 George Munger Award Semifinalist (National Coach of the Year)
2014 Broyles Award Finalist (Nation's Top Assistant)
Led UCF to a 13-0 record in 2017, when the Knights were the nation's only undefeated team
Led UCF to the first perfect regular season in school and American Athletic Conference history in 2017
Head coach of the greatest two-year turnaround in college football history (0-12 to 13-0)
Only person in college football history to post a 13-0 season as both a player and head coach
+++++++++++++++

If he is half as good as he appears to be we should be in the hunt for at least a B1G Championship in a few years. Let's just hope he can recruit as well as he coaches. Thank goodness the NU administration has FINALLY been cleansed of athletics hating administrators (which is predominantly what has held us back for nearly 20 years now).

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Seriously who GAF? Bama is just going to win again. Just like the Patriots....

Is it fucking baseball season yet?

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, that's killer. lol
How about the two bracketing that one?

And the Home Depot one is chosen by a collection of ESPN and ABC sports analysts for what that's worth.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
How about the two bracketing that one?

And the Home Depot one is chosen by a collection of ESPN and ABC sports analysts for what that's worth.
Other honors are all legit, just they really need to rename this one.

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
413 Posts
Corporate sponsorship isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's a plague that is only going to spread.

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I have to wonder if that kind of advertising really do anything for the company named? I mean, do people buy a Mercedes because a stadium or two is named for them?

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) — Washington State quarterback Tyler Hilinski has died from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said.

The 21-year-old Hilinski was discovered in his apartment after he didn't show up for practice Tuesday. A rifle "was recovered next to Hilinski and a suicide note was found," according to the Pullman Police Department.

"We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Tyler's passing," Washington State coach Mike Leach said in a statement. "He was an incredible young man and everyone who had the privilege of knowing him was better for it. The entire WSU community mourns as thoughts and prayers go out to his family."

===============================

What could trouble a kid with apparently so much going for him? RIP Tyler.

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
Looks like Michigan State is getting ready for the giant enema. This is shaping up like the other B10 school that shall not be mentioned. Dantonio's name is getting mentioned a lot.

·
GR-RRR!
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dantonio's name is getting mentioned a lot.
I hadn't heard that, found an ESPN article about it. The accusations made against Dantonio could probably be made against quite a few coaches and programs (not taking a side, just making a comment).

It is going to get a lot worse at Sparty before it gets better. How could they have let that little weirdo continue his decades long perversions? They had sooooo many opportunities to have done something and to have done it early in the crisis.

1 - 20 of 487 Posts