LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
Joined
·
7,801 Posts
Texans made a lot of coaching changes. Hoping Billy O removing himself as OC is a step in the right direction. That will only matter if the guy he chose is competent enough.
 

·
Goat sold
Joined
·
844 Posts
34 years since the Bears won the superbowl. #34 is Payton's number.

Superbowl 54, That's Urlachers.

I'm sure I will come up with more random coincidences...
 

·
HGH Optimist
Joined
·
7,801 Posts
Normally, I'd rag on you... but they picked up Foles' option for 21019.

Congrats, champs.

:wall:
 

·
HGH Optimist
Joined
·
7,801 Posts
Jeez, what kinda option was that? :rofl:
I don't know... but if Foles is a goddamn robot, VGT's birds will win 98% of those Super Bowls. Brady, the other 2%.
 

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
Joined
·
910 Posts

·
Not a Mustank Douche
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Flacco to the Broncos eh? Lamar better get to learning how to stand in the pocket
 

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
So excited about the Joe Flaccid era. We got him his contract and decided to make sure he keeps getting paid for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sonofabitch. The Broncos made a bad trade but the Ravens are idiots for going with RG4 Jackson at QB. This is Elway trying to ride a mediocre QB for two more years so he can go all in on the dude from Clemson. I would have rather stayed with Keenum.
 

·
Goat sold
Joined
·
844 Posts
Elway seems to be the problem with that position. Just because you played it at an elite level doesn't mean you have a knack for identifying talent for it. See MJ and the Hornets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Elway seems to be the problem with that position. Just because you played it at an elite level doesn't mean you have a knack for identifying talent for it. See MJ and the Hornets.
I agree, but I don’t think it’s as bad as most make it out to be. Osweiler underperformed but the Broncos wouldn’t have won SB 50 without him. Siemian played extremely well for a 7th rounder and I’m still pissed that the Broncos let him walk. He’s the exact type of QB you’d want as a backup. Lynch is an absolute bust, no question about it. Kelly was Mr. Irrelevant so no real surprise that he didn’t work out. Case Keenum is basically a more expensive Siemian with better leadership qualities. Joe Flacco is a really expensive hail mary thrower but this signing seems to be more of a Vic Fangio request than an Elway one - at least that’s the consensus of those “in the know.”
 

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
Joined
·
910 Posts
Will Brinson said:
At the end of the day, this feels like Elway trying to mend a broken leg by replacing an old bandaid for a new one. This in no way should keep the organization from drafting a quarterback come April.
Best line I heard about the Flacco trade. Sounds like a plan.
 

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
Joined
·
910 Posts
The question is, are there any QB’s worth drafting this year? Everything I’ve read says no.
Worth is a relative term. Is Jumpball Joe worth what his cap hit is going to be next year vs what a rookie scale deal QB who could very likely produce a similar stat-line? Trevor Siemian's numbers in 14 games in 2016 look very similar to what Flacco put up in 16 games in 2017. If you can hit on a 7th rounder and find that level of capability, why not at least roll the dice on a 2nd-4th for a guy like (Will Grier/Ryan Finley/Kyle Shurmur/Easton Stick/Gardner Minshew) I'm with you on not spending a first on a QB in this class though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Worth is a relative term. Is Jumpball Joe worth what his cap hit is going to be next year vs what a rookie scale deal QB who could very likely produce a similar stat-line? Trevor Siemian's numbers in 14 games in 2016 look very similar to what Flacco put up in 16 games in 2017. If you can hit on a 7th rounder and find that level of capability, why not at least roll the dice on a 2nd-4th for a guy like (Will Grier/Ryan Finley/Kyle Shurmur/Easton Stick/Gardner Minshew) I'm with you on not spending a first on a QB in this class though...
Short answer: no.

The Broncos have too many holes to fill to take a flyer on a mid-round QB. I would have rather seen what Keenum could have done with a competent coach. I don’t understand this trade at all.

Oh well, at least I’m not a Steelers fan.
 
1 - 20 of 213 Posts
Top