·
Omertà
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Wait, shit... that's soon, isn't it?

Hmm. Might give me something to watch while I do laundry.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
BKeen will probably watch just for Trent Richardson. :wall:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I’m more interested in a true D-league than I am for college football. I’ll give this a shot. It’d be sweet if this morphs into a tier system like the Galactic Football League from the Siglerverse.

·
Omertà
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
I was reading a lot about the rules. Ain't gonna lie... I'm excited to check it out. Hoping they have this on at the bar tonight, while I'm watching UFC.

·
Omertà
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
I liked the game. It looked just like Sunday football with a mix of college DBs in there. They didn't do it on the cheap and the TV production values were the same as the NFL. The drawback is that they are all new and there's no rivalries or reasons to hate on.

The SA game had as many fans in the stands as a lot of NFL games this year. The turkey trotting and ballet dancing were kept to a minimum too. They could have promoted it better. I didn't hear about the new league until about a week ago.

I think it's telling that two new leagues have formed on the heels of the NFL stepping into a shit bucket the past two years. Someone did the demographics and decided that there are a lot of people that have ditched the NFL to build a base on. One can only hope that the new leagues are successful, join up, and play concurrently with the NFL someday.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
That hit to the San Antonio QB was refreshing, in a way.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Wait... it was the other way around. Right?

Gotta learn these teams. :lol:

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
I don't like the no kickoff rule. I like kickoffs, but the old school kickoff at the 25 yard line. Even the NFL/college kickoff is almost ceremonial at this point, but big returns still happen. The no-more than 5 rushers is kind of dumb too.

I do like the on-side kick or lack there of rule. Its a unique way to do it.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Sitting here eating wings, watching the Salt Lake - Arizona game. Close one at halftime.

I think I'm gonna get more into it.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Kid named Rashad Ross was putting on a show in that Arizona game. Few highlight reel catches.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,810 Posts
Memphis Express - sad.

but at least we sort of have a pro team of something. And a tool for a QB.

should be good news in about 5 months.

I do say I like the rules better than NFL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts