LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 season is over, so time to start the pointless smack talking for 2019 (pointless at least until August or September).

I have to check into getting Husker Spring Game tickets, just around the corner in April......

·
GR-RRR!
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm rather shocked that the Huskers sneaked in on ESPN's way too early top 25 list.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25695788/espn-college-football-way-too-early-top-25-2019

I feel they will be better this year, but our showing last year, at least by way of the W-L measurement wasn't all that impressive. I think the offense is on the right track to improvement, I just hope the defense can make some serious strides forward but we have graduated 4 of our top 5 tacklers..... The one thing we learned this past year was just how seriously the previous coaches had damaged the system and how long it is going to take to get back into national prominence.

Pretty much all of you all's teams show up fairly well on that list. FWIW.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,139 Posts
A&M plays Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and LSU next year. the last three on the road. If they somehow manage to beat them all (they won't), it would be epic.

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
352 Posts
WTF?

Report: Kliff Kingsbury to be named next head coach of Cardinals

Get fired from Texas Tech, hired as the OC at USC and land a NFL HC job?

·
Wol Gemut
3,235 Posts
It appears to me that Franklin has made a great hire for receivers’ coach. It is crazy to think about the season PSU would have had this year if they had caught the ball like they did the prior 4 years with Coach Gattis.

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
909 Posts
Hurts to OU looks official. Guess I can let out a few Boomer Sooners with you guys here at times this year.

·
HGH Optimist
6,483 Posts
H-Town's own... so I wish him well.

·
Where am I?
1,028 Posts
I hope Hurts succeeds. His situation is a tough one to be thrown into, and he seems like a good kid. Can't blame him for the move, it's his only chance to make the big time.

·
909 Posts
Interesting scenario posed earlier, say there are 4 invited to NYC for the Heisman Ceremony... Tua/Jalen/Fromm/Fields. That would be spectacular. As would the potential for an OU/Bama Jalen/Tua matchup.

·
909 Posts
Nick Saban: "Hello.....HELLO.....anybody here?"
It's every year. They're just making a big deal of it this year with the loss. Locksley was in his first year as OC, Lupoi first year as dc, Enos was a one and done as QB coach, Gattis was one and done (co-oc/wr). All of that said to point out those exact same positions were filled after last season too... Saban must be a real bear to work for.

·
GR-RRR!
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Two big time ex-Husker players will be in the Super Bowl.

Ndamukong Suh on defense for the Rams and Rex Burkhead as a RB for the Patriots (who scored 2 rushing TDs in the win over KC). So in some ways they'll be going head to head.

Any of your home team players in the big one?

·
Wol Gemut
3,235 Posts
.. Saban must be a real bear to work for.
In all fairness, in the case of Gattis, he left to become OC at Michigan. apparently Alabama is now a steppingstone to the next step, so people go there for their resume I guess. Gattis is an incredible receivers' coach. will be interesting to see how he does at next level.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts