LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gutsy win for Cinci last night. Fickell had them ready. The Buckeyes' blowout of the Bearcats looks a little better now too.

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
JTDC, the Big 10 really needs to fire their entire officiating staff and start over. And, again, I'm not saying this because they made horrible calls/no calls that went against my team (they did), they made horrible calls/no calls against both teams. I have never seen a set of officials that are so consistently bad at what they do all over the conference. I'd be signing up for food stamps if I did my job as poorly as this bunch of yahoos. I watch enough football from all over the country, and no group of officials are perfect, but the B1G group is far and away the most incompetent I have ever seen in my life. I've been saying this for YEARS. It never seems to get any better.

Last week I was defending Martinez but I have to say, today, I was ever so glad to see him benched (he actually went out with an injury and I certainly never want to see that). Vedral did a fine job in replacement. We need a offensive line though. Play calling by the Nebraska coaching staff has become atrocious. ONE vertical pass all day (and accounted for about 40-50 yards of our 300 yards of offense for the day). And that was thrown by Vedral on a busted play! I don't think Martinez can throw the ball vertically so they just don't work it into the game plan. So maybe he needs to not be our starter for a while until he works up his skill set? I have rarely seen a coaching staff so unable to find something that works and to run those types of plays that ARE working instead of just doing the same nonproductive crap all day long. No spark on the offensive side today AT ALL. And that is coaching failures. A whopping 3 chunk plays all day and not one sack for the defense.

I don't see a positive outcome when we visit Minnesota next week. We will struggle to be bowl eligible this year and if we do become eligible, we will be embarrassed in whatever 3rd rate bowl game we do get.

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
353 Posts
Sooners were a little slow out of the gate at Kansas. Kansas put up a lot of yards but not many points until junk time. I hope they don't do that this Saturday.

Tuck fexas!!! /w\

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,689 Posts
Sooners were a little slow out of the gate at Kansas. Kansas put up a lot of yards but not many points until junk time. I hope they don't do that this Saturday.

Tuck fexas!!! /w\
I’m hoping our typical secondary performance this season has all been an act or it could be a miserable day on Saturday. But all be at an all-inclusive in Mexico, so I may not stew on a loss if that’s what happens if our D plays solid, I like our chances.

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Golly I miss those OU/NU games each year.......

The OU/UT game should be a entertaining at the very least.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Texas-OU game should be the most interesting in years. A lot on the line. LSU-FLA; good weekend coming up. And Alabama actually plays an FBS team finally.

I'm picking Michigan State to beat Wisconsin.

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
We keep having 6:30pm/7:00pm kickoffs with more to come. I'm getting tired of those. I can remember a time when almost all games started at 1pm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was going to post that Hurts is the best QB in America, but after watching Tagleavua...I'm not so sure.

Alabama's just frickin' loaded.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know, Burrow looks pretty damned good last night.
It's hard to pick from those three. All are special in their own way. If Justin Fields is around next year he should be on that list.

Alabama-LSU will be another "Game of the Century". If I was Nick Saban, I would be very worried. Of course he's running out of fingers for championship rings anyway.

Georgia just made the room less crowded.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's one for Ripley's: Going into week 8 Minnesota is alive and well for the CFP championship.

Watching the Browns about to blow another game it's easy to see that Baker Mayfield is really a shitty QB after all.

·
Administrator
18,935 Posts
It's hard to pick from those three. All are special in their own way. If Justin Fields is around next year he should be on that list.

Alabama-LSU will be another "Game of the Century". If I was Nick Saban, I would be very worried. Of course he's running out of fingers for championship rings anyway.

Georgia just made the room less crowded.
Jake Fromm State Farm is a favorite at my house. It hurt a little seeing that go down yesterday, but obviously it helps out the Buckeyes. :cool:

OSU and WI is shaping up to be a game of interest.
Aw yeah!

101 - 120 of 158 Posts