LS1GTO.com Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I hope to hell Coach Frost was watching the the Minnesota/PSU game. RE: Minnesota - that's the kind of football Nebraska needs to be playing. IE, a QB that can throw down field, a QB who can make a decision, a defense who can at least slow down a very good offense, few penalties and a strong running game and a commitment to it. Right now, we have none of those. Martinez needs to be benched.

Minnesota vs. PSU: that was a great game played by two very good teams. Methinks we may just have a new B1G West champ this year. It looks like it could come down to that Minnsota/Wisconsin game at the end of the season.

Maybe it is asking too much for the Huskers to begin being any good in Frost's 2nd year, but losing to Colorado, Indiana and Purdue all in the same season is just too much to take.

·
Registered
25 Posts
LSU-Alabama was a great game. Joe Burrow is the real deal. He may be the next great NFL QB. Not overlooking TT's gutty performance. He's about as good as Burrow. It looks like neither LSU or Alabama has a good defense when playing a good team.

Bama gonna need a lot of help now. Oddly, if TT was 100%, I think they beat LSU handily.

Interesting that Alabama has been beaten by two Ohio State backup QBs.

·
GR-RRR!
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Here's to 2020 with 2 new un-named coordinators!
You are welcome to our OC if you want him. If so, I hope you are in love with (totally unproductive) swing passes.

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,689 Posts
You are welcome to our OC if you want him. If so, I hope you are in love with (totally unproductive) swing passes.
I think we are done with former Nebraska OC's....though Beck is remaining on staff as QB coach.

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
353 Posts
Really entertaining weekend of CFB. One away from another conference title. The playoff looks to be very unlikely this season, probably a good thing.

·
GR-RRR!
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I think we are done with former Nebraska OC's....though Beck is remaining on staff as QB coach.
OMG Beck is awful! How do some of these guys continue to be employed?

I think our DC is on the right track but just doesn't have enough tools to work with just yet. The OC we have though is just squandering resources we do have.

·
Administrator
18,932 Posts
OMG Beck is awful! How do some of these guys continue to be employed?

I think our DC is on the right track but just doesn't have enough tools to work with just yet. The OC we have though is just squandering resources we do have.
Hang in there, Rich. Despite the record, the Huskers are improving. They started out shitty last year, and got better as the season went on. This season, expectations were a little too high IMO. Next season, you're in the mix in the B1G West.

Meanwhile in the B1G East, after Franklin leaves for USC, and Sparty fires Dantonio, it'll be an ACC-level shit-show for a few years.

·
GR-RRR!
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
When will teams figure out that play doesn't work anymore? Well, I suppose the Buckeyes could use it against Michigan-but that's it.
I sure hope some rumination during the off season convinces Frost and Co. that is ain't the way to go anymore. It worked great at Oregon (and with the right players and opposing teams) but nowadays defenses are so fast and the play is so clearly telegraphed that it has no hope to be useful. We must have run a dozen or more swing passes PER GAME this year. I think a lot of it is that Martinez just sucks throwing it downfield. I honestly hope McCaffery passes him up on the depth chart by next year. That kid is going to be nothing short of amazing. Much more of a "Frost-like" QB.

Meanwhile in the B1G East, after Franklin leaves for USC, and Sparty fires Dantonio, ......
Wait? What? I guess I haven't been paying much attention since our season ended last Friday. My only thought was that Harbaugh would be on his way out.

·
GR-RRR!
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
That's interesting, I heard he was leaving for Talahassee. Gotta love the rumor mill! :LOL:
BUT, you are closer to the story than most of us, any substance to the rumors?

Any chance Harbaugh is going to be shown the door at the end of the year? They seem to be improving, but 7 (or is it 8) years of losing "the big one" has to be a pretty black mark on his record. I remember when Osborne was almost run out of town after so many losses to OU in a row, and that was back in the 70s and he was winning at least 9 games a year besides.

·
Administrator
18,932 Posts
If those idiots up north fire Harbaugh, they deserve to continue their cold march through irrelevance. Firing LLLLLLLLLLloyd really improved things, didn't it dumb-asses? Y'all are about as self-aware as Auburn-fans.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts