LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husker Spring Game is April 18. Been saying this for a couple of decades now, hoping/expecting better things this year.

Going to be a rough schedule this year but have some interesting matchups. The Cincinnati game should be interesting. Don't know that we have ever played Cincy.

·
Administrator
18,835 Posts
Husker Spring Game is April 18. Been saying this for a couple of decades now, hoping/expecting better things this year.

Going to be a rough schedule this year but have some interesting matchups. The Cincinnati game should be interesting. Don't know that we have ever played Cincy.
I'm looking forward to that one too. :)
The Fighting Fickells have a boatload of returning starters.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Didn't Dantonio come from there to go to MSU?
Don't know. Midnight would know. I think Dantonio spent time at Ohio State before going to MSU. But it seems to me that Fickell is the next near-major head coach ready to move up. Young, and with a heck of a resume.

·
Administrator
18,835 Posts
Could the Bearcats be on the verge of losing another head coach?
Shut up.
Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

Didn't Dantonio come from there to go to MSU?
Yep. Now, you shut up too.

Don't know. Midnight would know. I think Dantonio spent time at Ohio State before going to MSU. But it seems to me that Fickell is the next near-major head coach ready to move up. Young, and with a heck of a resume.
Dantonio went from tOSU DC to UC's HC to Sparty. Sound familiar? Smurf.

I can't blame the dude if he goes, buuuuuut I'm the asshole that thinks it would be more fun to dominate the "group of 5" instead of being an also-ran in the B1G. On top of that, UC would be able to compete if invited to the Big 12, and would be upper-tier in what has become of the ACC. I think there's more up-side here, but I ain't objective about it either.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Schools like Cincinnati are in a catch 22 situation. You want to win but success inevitably costs you your head coach. It would be hard to turn down a once in a lifetime dream job as a B10 head coach. And MSU is probably in the top 5 or so of those B10 jobs. It sucks but UC has to face that day probably soon.

I'm no expert, but I don't see any major realignment coming soon to the big 5. Maybe the B12 might want to add 2 teams, but who? I'll bet the B10 wishes now that they never took on Rutgers and Maryland.

·
Administrator
18,835 Posts
I agree -- UC is the east coast/midwest version of Boise State. You can win here, but you typically ain't staying here.

Buuuuuuut... apparently, according to Fick's tweeter, Fick is staying. w00t!

·
GR-RRR!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Latest rumor: Brett Bulimia to MSU. Just like an Orange Man follower: "So much winning."
I forget, where's he at now? Didn't he move south and then get fired from there too?

·
GR-RRR!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fickell is probably waiting for the Ohio State job. Losing a few millions would be worth that.
Sure doesn't look like that job is going to be available for quite some time.

·
GR-RRR!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They just cancelled the Nebraska Spring Game.

SHIT

JUST

GOT

REAL

:LOL:

·
GR-RRR!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't suppose sports teams can be meeting to practice. If we end up having any kind of a football season we will have a whole lot of very rusty teams. I'd like to think we will get to a place where we can have public events by then, but I just don't know if that will be the eventual reality. Or if people will even want to attend mass events such as a football game.

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,706 Posts
It will all depend on how long this current situation continues and when it relaxes. If restrictions relax in a month, crowds will show at the early games. I would expect to the tune of 80% of normal attendance. Come fall when CV19 could hit a 2nd swing, it will slowly drop until restrictions likely start again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's beginning to look like life as we knew it will never be the same. Of course that's been happening to us stealthily over the past few years anyway. We just hadn't been quarantined until now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, if we ever get back to normal, the Buckeyes are getting more than their fair share of top recruits. They should be a real juggernaut the next 4-5 years. 2020 could be a little iffy even though they've got maybe the best QB they've ever had, because the RB situation is a little thin. Ryan Day looks he may make Urban Meyer a footnote in OSU football.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts