LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,707 Posts
Lowe's is a circus shit show during this...

My 12 person office is about 50% working in the office/working from home. I'm still going in, so I'm glad to keep some sense of normalcy compared to some others. Kiddo and "home schooling" are making my wife a bit crazy. But better than both of us, I suppose! :)

Fall is gonna suck, it's looking like....

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
398 Posts
Our governor is allowing personal care businesses to reopen today. Dining rooms, theaters and churches May 1st. I kind of expect the worst since cases are still climbing here. Oklahoma City's mayor is keeping the restrictions in place so I expect an onslaught of people coming out to the burbs. I'm sure someone in my household will bring this shit home but it won't be me. I plan on a pretty guarded approach to the public until a viable vaccine is available.

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
I've often thought about retiring, but I realize that it will be just like what I'm doing right now-nothing. I've been a ***eler for the past 55 years and I can continue that until I croak if I don't get sick or my hands start to shake. Besides, It's kinda nice to have reached that point in life where I hold all marbles.

Can you imagine, this outfit excised j-e-w from j-e-w-e-l-e-r. 😂

That's the world we live in, folks. Let me see: Jesus was a ***. Uhh, what...an ass? A yak? A bum?
I have no idea how to mess with the autocensor since the format switch, and I'm not all that inclined to figure it out how either. ;)

I was getting REALLY burnt-out with work before all of this. I took a gig with a big company a little over 2-years ago, and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... I'm still working, but I see what sitting at home has done to my people, and no thanks.

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
Yep. I think Chase Young will be a bust, and I have never gotten the hype about DBs. Of course, now that the pro game is like arena-ball, maybe Okudah and Arnette will be stars. I'll say this though, after 30+ years down here, I might become a Bengals fan after last night.

Side note: Google up Pat McAfee and AJ Hawk's reaction to the Jordan Love pick from last night. The one producer is a Pucker-fan, and he lost his mind. It was awesome.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Played my first round in my golf league tonight. Haven't touched a club since last October. Shot 43 and hit 5 greens in reg. Among those strokes were 5 flat out dubs that went less than 50'. I'm drinking my 4th Miller Lite right now and still have the giggles.

First time in a month that life felt normal again. Golf is the perfect antidote for this shit. We finally got a nice day[62* and a little cloudy].

Everyone gets their own cart. You can ride double if you came in the same car, but nobody does that. They have a foam thing in the cup so that the ball doesn't go all the way down. You don't take the flag out to putt, but the new USGA rules allow that now anyway. No snack bar and only one person in the shitter at a time. We pay a flat fee for the whole season so we never need to go inside-just grab a cart and go to the tee.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm beginning to think that we won't have football this year. What has been just some some rough seas is about to get serious[economy, jobs, cultural revolutions and shit].

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Sure is beginning to look that way. And since the number of cases isn't going down and it is the middle of June, I don't see this turning around in time at all.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
578 Posts
Maryland's numbers have been trending down the past few weeks or so, we're in our Phase 2 opening starting yesterday and next Friday. Athletic teams can start practicing outdoors, but aren't open to spectators yet. We should be able to have college sports by this fall.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maryland's numbers have been trending down the past few weeks or so, we're in our Phase 2 opening starting yesterday and next Friday. Athletic teams can start practicing outdoors, but aren't open to spectators yet. We should be able to have college sports by this fall.
Things seem almost normal here in Ohio. Aside from restaurants not truly being open and movie theaters, everyone is out shopping as usual, some wearing masks, but they're not required. People who work in the businesses that are open must wear masks. The generous unemployment checks have kept things from going to pot for most people.

If we do have football, I hope it isn't some watered down version like MLB is contemplating.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If we never see another college football game, at least I'll be able to go off to Valhalla watching the last two Michigan-OSU games on YouTube endlessly.

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I have a DVD of the 1970 "Game of the Century" and the 1996 Fiesta Bowl and the 1995 Orange Bowl to keep me entertained a little bit. So sad that those are so old though....

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Hey guys, post up a picture of one of your all-time favorite players. Here's Rich Glover (going back a long ways here!).

Honestly, if I was a QB and saw this coming at me I'd probably shit my pants. And given his productivity, I'd be shitting myself a LOT during a game. Hell, he finished third in the 1972 Heisman voting (and as a defensive player no less). He won the Outland and the Lombardi trophies in 1972 and was on the 1970 and 1971 Championship teams.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Braxton Miller will always be my favorite Buckeye, even though Justin Fields has a chance to be another Cam Newton if they ever play. I was at the game pictured.

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,707 Posts
One of the Longhorn SB Nation sites puts out their own fall preview in July every year and it is usually a pretty fun read on the progress over the spring and summer and predictions on how things are gonna shake out in the depth chart and in depth game previews for the season. I have bought it every year they have been doing it.

I'm not sure it has much value this year...

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
One of the Longhorn SB Nation sites puts out their own fall preview in July every year and it is usually a pretty fun read on the progress over the spring and summer and predictions on how things are gonna shake out in the depth chart and in depth game previews for the season. I have bought it every year they have been doing it.

I'm not sure it has much value this year...
Call me selfish, but I just want a high school season. There's a real QB competition at my local D1 high school. One is a sophomore that was 7 when he started kindergarten, that can run well and throw a little. The other is a sophomore, that started school 2-weeks after his 5th birthday; he's a 6'3"/165-lbs. rocket-launcher that happens to live at my address.

First day of camp last month, they put in zone read and dive. Second day, they put in a Zone/Dive RPO. :sneaky:

41 - 60 of 69 Posts