LS1GTO.com Forums banner

9061 - 9080 of 9109 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am also in Miami (Brickell) with a PBM. Mostly stays in the garage but I take it out every now and then. Let me know if you guys ever want to get together. I haven't seen another GTO in ages around here but I used to know a few of the local guys a few years back. The GTO I probably see the most often is an '06 TR off SW 8th street. It's usually parked at a shop there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am also in Miami (Brickell) with a PBM. Mostly stays in the garage but I take it out every now and then. Let me know if you guys ever want to get together. I haven't seen another GTO in ages around here but I used to know a few of the local guys a few years back. The GTO I probably see the most often is an '06 TR off SW 8th street. It's usually parked at a shop there.
We may know each other based on your join date. I went to a few meets in 2005 and 2006 and Tower Shops.

I recall seeing that red LS2 GTO with 18s at SW 8 street and 57 avenue. I thought both the car and the shop were long gone. Have not been in that area in a while. Good to know it is still around.

Well I am doing work on the car. Looking at dipping it white and of course new headlights.

·
Rambler is stuck in 2nd gear
2,061 Posts
Does anyone know the guy that takes pictures at Orlando Dragstrip on test and tune nights?

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,508 Posts
Does anyone know the guy that takes pictures at Orlando Dragstrip on test and tune nights?
Prolly best to call the track and ask. I only see someone like that every once and a while out there. I checked the website and didnt see any info about it. I had a buddy get a framed pic from the person but got it the night the photographer took it at the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi also from Miami (hialeah) been thinking of dipping my peeling goat white with gold 18's. I agree that they are quite rare around here. Never see any
Not sure if you are being serious or facetious. I see dipping as a useful DIY modification with low buy in. Ideal for hotrodders. I understand it becomes addictive as skill level increases.

As for the topic, saw a black 2006 with white dual racing stripes and flat hood on Flagler/87 over the weekend. Also had white narrow rocker panels with GTO lettering.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
I saw a blue GTO on 95 near the FL border a few days ago.

·
Rambler is stuck in 2nd gear
2,061 Posts
Prolly best to call the track and ask. I only see someone like that every once and a while out there. I checked the website and didnt see any info about it. I had a buddy get a framed pic from the person but got it the night the photographer took it at the track.
I sent them an e mail but did not get a reply.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
06 IBM missing the rear diffuser with no window tint on Rhinehart on Sunday around 3pm. It was an old guy 60-70s driving it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Saw an 05-06 TR this past Saturday afternoon pulling into the Miami Lakes Publix shopping center on 67th Ave. It too was missing the rear diffuser :D

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
I saw a black GTO on I4 yesterday near Lake Mary heading East.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I-84 Eastbound heading towards Troutdale. I think you take the 122nd St exit. No hood scoop or spoiler, seen you a few times in the last couple months around 5:45-6am.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
I saw a red 04 on Thursday last week off International near Dave and Busters. It had turbo badges on the fenders and trunk lid. It looked and sounded stock to me.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
At 6:10 pm I saw the 05-06 CGM with the vikings front tag turn onto HE Thomas from International. I was in the GTO, and waved as it drove by.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
Last Thursday around 6pm on the toll road headed to Miami around mile marker 102. I saw a BOM heading towards Miami in the right lane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, new here.

I think my dad used to post on here but my brother and I now have his 06 CGM GTO. Were in the hialeah area. Its in fairly rough shape cosmetically, someone hit the drivers side front fender so that needs to get fixed, gonna need to get repainted and get the weather stripping redone. Still runs great though. Im not great at driving manual but the thing is a blast to drive.
I know he had some work done to it, exhaust, tune, but Im not quite sure what else.

Glad to be here though. Excited to work on the beast.

9061 - 9080 of 9109 Posts