LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because paypal doesn’t like the liability of generosity and because so many in this world might take advantage of such generosity we have had to refund our relief fund from paypal. (http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39247) -- if you did give to katrinarelief @ ls1gto.com thru paypal you will receive a refund from Paypal (not from me) shortly. Paypal has been working pretty quickly and I told them it had to be done ASAP - however I can not issue them as the account is locked.

We have had an offer by a charity to take up the work I tried to complete. I know it will be hard to hit the record we hit so quickly - but I urge you to consider giving so that the following members can be aided in rebuilding their life. 100% of the donation will be divided up and given to the following:

Selena Muhoberac, Kenner LA
Leann Frank, Slidell LA
ShAkZ05GTO's Family, All over New Orleans
James Parker, Mobile AL

Members can send the funds to:

OLPH Catholic Church
210 Old Center Point Road
Carrollton, GA 30117
Attn: Katrina-GTO Relief

The check should be written to "OLPH Catholic Church". Make sure "GTO" is in the note on the check. At the end of the year, those who desire a tax receipt can ask for one (I think we send them out to everyone automatically, but I'll check on that). Checks only.

On September 26th, all funds collected will be distributed as discussed on the forums. And we will not change that distribution between now and then.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Just a bump. Follow the instructions above and we'll get the funds to those in need.

Good thing about doing it this way is that you can get a tax credit for large donations, if you want one. Also, we've got a full system of accouontability to make sure the money goes where it's intended.

Any questions, just ask.

Padre

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
Thanks for doing this.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Very good idea, since the money was already spent, it will NO problem to just return it to the relief fund, good deal DY, and Padre (I'm assuming this is someway associated with Padre's church) Money re-sent!!

~ROK~

·
Registered
921 Posts
I live in New Orleans and lost my 2005 GTO
how do i sign up?

4925 Moore DR New Orleans,LA 70122
10 feet of water in my house!!!

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
53,417 Posts
I received the refund via Paypal and the check has also been sent to the OLPH Catholic Church. Thank you guys for doing this.

·
Evil Conservative Hatemonger
1,238 Posts
Superb Padre! I received my refund yesterday and have since cut a check for the same amount to the OLPH Catholic Church. Expect to receive it in short order.

·
Goatless
745 Posts
Thanks Padre and Jon...
It's on the way.......

·
8,959 Posts
Just a bump and update.

So far, I have received letters from:
ROK, CT
Carmen P., OH
Joshua G., FL
Andrea A., CO

I haven't opened them yet. I'll do that at the end of the effort on September 26 when I'll tally them and deposit them. I'll post the grand total here. And then at the end of the week, September 30, I'll send out the checks to those designated earlier by Jon.

Speaking of which, Jon, if you could PM me the contact information for the recipients, that would be great, and the percentage for each if it's not an equal split.

Padre

·
9,794 Posts
DevilYellow said:
ttt- anyone thinking of sending in should think of doing so soon!
I agree with you DY, everyone should have gotten their donation back from Pay Pal by now, so what's holding you people up from sending them in to the Addy posted in the first post? It's going to the Members of this Board, our GTO Brothers and Sisters need our help, so lets get them out in the Mail!!!!

~ROK~

·
Exclusive
1,323 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
I agree with you DY, everyone should have gotten their donation back from Pay Pal by now, so what's holding you people up from sending them in to the Addy posted in the first post? It's going to the Members of this Board, our GTO Brothers and Sisters need our help, so lets get them out in the Mail!!!!

~ROK~
I think you should PM the people who were in it or email them. Maybe they don't know about this. I will be sending mine out tomorrow morning. To getting a tax receipt do I just put a note with the money, when I send it??
Peace Out,
PsychoGTO

·
8,959 Posts
PsychoGTO said:
I think you should PM the people who were in it or email them. Maybe they don't know about this. I will be sending mine out tomorrow morning. To getting a tax receipt do I just put a note with the money, when I send it??
Peace Out,
PsychoGTO
We do it pretty much automatically each year, end of January, but a note helps too. For small one time amounts (e.g. $20), we usually don't, but I'll mark all the GTO checks for tax receipts no matter the amount.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
OK, the checks are in the mail. Here's the final tally.

I received 10 checks from:

Jimmy and Nancy T., MD
Andrea A., CO
Carmen P., OH
Joshua G., FL
Frederick and Lisa E., MD
Richard and Michelle G., PA
Jonathan S., IL
Robert and Rosemarie K., CT
The Damuck family, CT
Barry and Jane D., WI

The total was $740. I kicked in $160 to make it an even $900.

So a $300 check each was sent to:

Selena M., LA
Leann F., LA
Karim A., LA

Thanks to all who gave. It would have been better had the Paypal thing worked, but we hope that this helps our friends in the Gulf Coast.

God bless, Padre

·
Goatless
745 Posts
Thanks for the update Padre... we're all happy to help, and glad to see the funds finally get handed out... Thanks again for stepping up to coordinate this...RG

·
9,794 Posts
Hmmmmm, it's nice of the people that gave checks after Pay Pal returned all the money, but WTF happened? We had well over $2000.00, I wonder why the people that got their donation returned didn't re-send it out in a check? I, myself am very disappointed that of all of the refunds, only a SMALL percent got re-sent to the SAME Relief Fund. All I can say is SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, and you know who you are.

~ROK~

·
8,959 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
Hmmmmm, it's nice of the people that gave checks after Pay Pal returned all the money, but WTF happened? We had well over $2000.00, I wonder why the people that got their donation returned didn't re-send it out in a check? I, myself am very disappointed that of all of the refunds, only a SMALL percent got re-sent to the SAME Relief Fund. All I can say is SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, and you know who you are.

~ROK~
Well, to be honest, PayPal was much easier because you could put it on your credit card.

Padre

1 - 20 of 20 Posts