LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have spent the better part of the last 2 days combing through these posts looking for an absolute answer but could find only conflicting information and incomplete answers.

What are the proper offsets for the various wheel/tire combinations?

Stock is 48mm

What works with 18x8 and 245/40R18 in the front?
What works with 18x9 and 275/35R18 in the rear?

What wheels have the proper offsets?

·
Registered
267 Posts
derf said:
Ok, I have spent the better part of the last 2 days combing through these posts looking for an absolute answer but could find only conflicting information and incomplete answers.

Stock is 48mm

My ROH Rims from Arrowhead were 18.8 in the front 41 mm and
18.9 in the rear 51mm . No rubs with Nittos or Toyos, BFG and Dunlop are a tad wider and need fender rolling in the rear.

·
Registered
588 Posts
derf said:

Stock is 48mm

Our friends at Axis were good enough to spend all morning with me last Saturday to find out what fits from their stable of wheels.

The Axis Milano, Axis Supermesh & Axis Hiro fit the GTO at stock ride height. We will be testing these wheels with a lowered GTO within the next few weeks to address lowering fitments with springs and coil-overs.

Jim

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am very interested in the Axis Hiro wheel with the anthracite finish. You said those will fit, what sizes and offsets? I plan on keeping the stock ride height. Will we be able to order these wheels through you?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Our friends at Axis were good enough to spend all morning with me last Saturday to find out what fits from their stable of wheels.

The Axis Milano, Axis Supermesh & Axis Hiro fit the GTO at stock ride height. We will be testing these wheels with a lowered GTO within the next few weeks to address lowering fitments with springs and coil-overs.

Jim
THE HIRO FITS???!?!?!!!???

Is that the 18x8.5/18x9.5 combo? Do you by chance have photos of them fitted? I CRAVE THOSE WHEELS since I saw them in Sport Compact Car mag last month on a 350z!

EDIT

The combo I was thinking of is 19x8.5/19x9.5...But I have a bad feeling it's the 18x8 that fits our car only...:(

·
Registered
430 Posts
I saw them on a white G35 with the anthracite finish and was in love with them as well. I think the anthracite against my Torrid red would look awesome.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Hey you know...I just looked on Axis' website and the wheels listed there under HIRO don't come in the bolt pattern we need (5x120 people) so how exactly could these possibly fit?

EDIT

According to the link above, the Finish, Supermesh and Milano are the only wheels that come in the correct bolt pattern. No idea about offsets, however.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yea, I saw that too. Some of these guys are slow to update their web sites though. I noticed the Supermesh has a 5x120 but the Hiro doesn't. Maybe its now available.

Hopefully Jim will get back to us.

I would be fine with an 18x8 and an 18x9 setup.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
flyinlow said:
Yea, I saw that too. Some of these guys are slow to update their web sites though. I noticed the Supermesh has a 5x120 but the Hiro doesn't. Maybe its now available.

Hopefully Jim will get back to us.

I would be fine with an 18x8 and an 18x9 setup.
Jim is advertising them on his site for sale for the goat.....

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Jim is advertising them on his site for sale for the goat.....
The Hiro's not on the Gravana Tuning website. The others are. No 19x9.5's though.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
phobos512 said:
The Hiro's not on the Gravana Tuning website. The others are. No 19x9.5's though.
oh yeah i missed that sorry..... :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
oh yeah i missed that sorry..... :drink: :drink: :drink:
No problemo.

Man I sure do with the Hiro's were the right size...Not sure if anyone else saw the article in SCC but basically for the deeper wheels (9.5 and I imagine the new 10.5s) the spokes come out from the hub at an angle to the plane of the hub.

I wish I could explain it better or be able to draw a freakin' ascii picture but for some reason this stupid messageboard software deletes extra spaces.

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*sigh*

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
derf said:
derf,

Sorry for the threadjack.

There is NO hard and fast rule as to what will fit the GTO. Not yet, anyway. If you can find a wheel that for certain fits a Monaro (the ROH Strada's mentioned above, for example), you'll be fine.

Basically, the closer you can stay to the OE offset of 48mm, the better off you will be. Also, when you go for bigger wheels in back, you may have to mod the fenderwell lip.

HOWEVER, everything I have seen on this board would indicate that 18x9's on the rear (apparently even up to 51mm offset) will fit fine PROVIDED you have Nitto's on the car...Other tires are apparently wider than their advertised width (the 2xx whatever number in the front of the tire size), sometimes by 5mm or more, and that can cause problems.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Derf - Sorry for threadjacking your post. So many people have been looking for details from wheel companies, so I thought I would share. I have been finding that wheel manufacturers vary their offsets from wheel to wheel. For example, one Brand-X 18x8 may have a +47mm offset, while another Brand-X 18x8 model will have a +48mm offset. It may depend on the style of each wheel??? I will post the offsets on the Axis wheels once I get them from Axis. (OK, OK, I had them written down, but left the spec sheet sitting at Axis when I left Saturday...)

Flyinlow - The 19 x 8.5 Hiro will fit. We do have them listed on the website, however, the offsets will be added later.

Phobos512 - Hiros are loaded online. I will be back at Axis over the next few weeks to test fitment of these same wheels with our new coil-overs and lowering springs. I will shoot everything I can on the car. Axis does not have all of the sizes and patterns listed on their site.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sweet!
Will you be testing the 18 inch wheels as well? PadreGTO has said he definitely doesn't like the ride the 19 inchers give him.
Let us know the results when you can.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Derf - The Axis offsets are 35mm and 40mm, depending on the wheel size, per James at Axis.

Flyinlow - Axis has been watching the Aussie market and noticing how the 19" are all so popular. Thus, their focus right now is also on the 19" wheels. They do have 18" wheels coming in in October. :banghead:

Jim

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gravana Jim said:
Derf - The Axis offsets are 35mm and 40mm, depending on the wheel size, per James at Axis.
Which is which (front/rear)?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Gravana Jim said:

Flyinlow - Axis has been watching the Aussie market and noticing how the 19" are all so popular. Thus, their focus right now is also on the 19" wheels. They do have 18" wheels coming in in October. :banghead:

Jim
So Jim, those 19x8.5's will fit all around? Any chance of 9.5's for the rear if we're willing to do some fender lip rolling? Also, since you're listing the Hiro's, they must come in 5x120 right? Any reason why Axis wouldn't want to advertise that fact on their website?

·
Registered
588 Posts
phobos512 said:
So Jim, those 19x8.5's will fit all around? Any chance of 9.5's for the rear if we're willing to do some fender lip rolling? Also, since you're listing the Hiro's, they must come in 5x120 right? Any reason why Axis wouldn't want to advertise that fact on their website?
The 19 x 9.5 on the rear with 265/30-19 may work. We will try it and see. As for fender rolling... I have no experience with rolling fenders on the GTO. Although a wide-body kit would look great on this car... HMMMM???

As for Axis's website, they just haven't taken the time to update it.

Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts