LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the single kit with the engine covers and radiator cover on also. I thought you might want to see the car all finished up. The kits are forsale now. You cna get them by going threw the website or by giving me a call at 440-582-3030. The prices are as follows and what is included in each kit.

OFI GTO 04/06 Single Turbo Kit air to water

1 3/4 tubular headers (SS or MS)
T-67 ball bearing garrett/precision turbo
Air to water intercooler
Heat exchanger, pump and lines/fittings
4-ply silicone hose
T-bolt clamps
SS v-band clamps
3" downpipe
Oil and return lines
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm WG

$5695.95 for mild steel
$5955.95 for stainless steel

OFI GTO 04/06 Single Turbo Kit air to air

1 3/4 tubular headers (SS or MS)
T-67 ball bearing garrett/precision turbo
3.5" thick air to air intercooler
4-ply silicone hose
T-bolt clamps
SS v-band clamps
3" downpipe
Oil and return lines
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm WG

$4995.95 for mild steel
$5295.95 for stainless steel

Both kits carry a 10 yr warrenty on the hot parts in stainless steel and a 5yr in mild steel. The air to air kit on a 05 GTO made 483rwhp and 520 rwt at 6lbs on a stock engine. These dyno numbers were on a Mustang dyno back to back pulls. We took it to the track and went [email protected] taking off at 1800rpm and granny shifting down the track. Stock clutch didnt like this at all. Kept staying to the floor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!
The only 2 things missing is heatsheilding for the turbo and some powdercoating on the pipe going to the throtte body.
Where is the air intake on this thing anyway?

Also, how helpful are the OEM vent in lowering the underhood temps?

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Im lovin it.

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
Kit looks very nice!! Do you have any undercar shots to see as well would like to see how it all connects? Looks much cleaner with all the covers in place.

Les

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jcain said:
how is the oiling delt with on this system?
The feed line to the turbo is split off the oil pressure sending unit behind the intake. The oil return line is gravity fed to the front of the oil pan with a 1/2" line.

Loboost said:
Kit looks very nice!! Do you have any undercar shots to see as well would like to see how it all connects? Looks much cleaner with all the covers in place.

Les
I do have some under car shot of this kit.

Oleg said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!
The only 2 things missing is heatsheilding for the turbo and some powdercoating on the pipe going to the throtte body.

I dont know if the stock vents help that much. I would see them helping on the freeway pretty good moving the hot air out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for answering my questions. Whould you say that wrapping the piping with thermal tape and putting a heat bag on the turbo would be a good idea?

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Oleg said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding... It looks fricken bad ass in SS as opposed to some corny powdercoating. Of course that is only my opinion. Black powdercoat is the only other way I would want it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
TrakDay said:
Are you kidding... It looks fricken bad ass in SS as opposed to some corny powdercoating. Of course that is only my opinion. Black powdercoat is the only other way I would want it.

Nothing but flat black, my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
i still dotn like the fact that the turbo is being spooled by half the motor, I still dont get it.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
itsme4g63 said:
i still dotn like the fact that the turbo is being spooled by half the motor, I still dont get it.
its not getting spooled by 1/2 the motor..........

there is a crossover pipe

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
itsme4g63 said:
They used what is called a crossover. So both sides of the motor are being used. This is how most all Single turbo setups are done on V8s.

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
Thanks for the pictures kit looks like it will be able to make big power! What size downpipes are you using? Please more pics of the undercariage showing headers and downpipes connected.

Les

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loboost said:
Thanks for the pictures kit looks like it will be able to make big power! What size downpipes are you using? Please more pics of the undercariage showing headers and downpipes connected.

Les

Thanks agian all of you. The DP is 3". I will post some more pics tomarrow of the underneath with the other pipes. Here is the dyno graph. Next I would like to put some better valve springs on the car to help out the boost on top end.

·
Registered
45 Posts
few ?s how hard is it to install?
how much boost can the stock engine and that turbo hold?
What starts breaking when u put decent boost to it?
what fuel stuff would i need?

·
Registered
452 Posts
jcain said:
how is the oiling delt with on this system?
I'm sure it has a gravity feed to the oil pan (like other other high mouted turbo steup).

1 - 20 of 93 Posts