LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
.Stevo's #1 Fan.
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 A4 with almost 9k miles, car runs really well for being all stock, never any problems with it, so far. My last oil change was @ 6k miles, last sunday (10/01/06) I checked the oil and it was right at the bottom of the cross-hatch pattern on the dip stick, I added oil untill it was in the middle to upper portion of the cross hatch pattern, I just checked my oil again and it is now right below the cross-hatch pattern AGAIN! The build date was DEC 04, could I have one of the GTO's with the oil consumption problems or what? What do I do next? Any info/advice? thanks

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts

·
.Stevo's #1 Fan.
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess I don't have it as bad as others seeing how most are adding 1+ quarts between changes. I have only added a total of .5 qt from 6,250 miles to 8,905 miles. Mine is probably not even a problem it's more then likely normal but to see any loss in oil is not normal in my head. I'll just keep on checking it every friday to be safe and add as needed. Oh, BTW, thanx for letteing me know that the search feature works!

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
All_Rise_05 said:
Well, I guess I don't have it as bad as others seeing how most are adding 1+ quarts between changes. I have only added a total of .5 qt from 6,250 miles to 8,905 miles. Mine is probably not even a problem it's more then likely normal but to see any loss in oil is not normal in my head. I'll just keep on checking it every friday to be safe and add as needed. Oh, BTW, thanx for letteing me know that the search feature works!

That's why we're here;) Doesn't sound excessive to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts