LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Welcome to the Dark Side
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has seen this while washing. I have factory 18's chromed wrapped in potenzas. When I wash my tires using eagle 1 multi-purpose wheel cleaner and hose off the tire, I see some brownish fluid running off with the cleaner. It almost looks like oil, but isn't as colloidal on top of the water. Do you guys think it's from the last time I washed the car and put black magic on the tire? I will post some pics the next time I wash, but just wanted to see if anyone has ever noticed this as well?

·
Belch
943 Posts
A silicone-based protectant will cause an oily film to appear on the surface of the water while you wash. Brake dust from the barrel of the wheel may also appear on the water surface as well -- which looks like a thin of dust. It's normal.

·
Baaa
522 Posts
normal, even without tire dressing. I use wesley's bleach white on the tires of my brothers expedition and you wouldn't believe what comes off those tires! Brake dust and other road greases built up turns brown/green on it's way off. Seriously have to wash off the concrete drive unless you want it to look like someone crapped on your driveway. If you were using a degreaser.....I'd say this is most definitely normal.

·
Welcome to the Dark Side
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info!:gears:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts